Can Anyone Make Sense of This?

2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 2 days ago #693662 by Nikon Shooter
For sure not a big spider but I never saw this before… got any idea?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 2 days ago #693677 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day NS

Looks like an Aussie Huntsman spider - females are larger than males - and if it is on the loose, it may have escaped from someone's "pet" collection. Quite harmless to us, it hunts at night and traps flies and other insects while they are sleeping

Males grow to about 4cm across, females grow to about 9cm across

If it is in your place, leave it alone to go its own way - it will be unable to reproduce and at the start of winter, it will fade away

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 months 1 day ago #693738 by Jin Hyuk Kwon
I also have no idea. Nice focus here. 

2 months 1 day ago #693743 by Shadowfixer1
I hate spiders. I never paid much attention to them until I was bitten by a brown recluse. The bite eventually ate a hole into my arm about he size of a quarter and a half inch deep. That was no fun dealing with that issue. I had another spider bite on my ear and it swelled up till I looked like a old boxer who wasn't very good at his craft.

2 months 1 day ago #693756 by Nikon Shooter
Thanks guys!

Sorry for your bad experiences with spiders… luckily,
I had none. Cheers!

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #695005 by Sara Miles
The focus is perfect here. 

1 month 2 weeks ago #695344 by Nikon Shooter
Cheers Sara!

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #695480 by Joshua Atkins
No bad experience with spiders either. Really cool shot here. 

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

The Canon EOS Rebel T5 is six years old now, but is still a viable option for beginner photographers looking for a solid camera on a budget.

Oct 08, 2020

If a medium format camera has been on your wish list for a while, you might consider the Phase One 645DF+ as an affordable option.

Oct 01, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Don't make beginner landscape photography mistakes. Instead, prepare yourself for an error-free photography outing with these quick landscape photography tips.

Oct 15, 2020

There are all kinds of uses for a field monitor for photography and videography. In this guide, learn a few features to look for when buying a field monitor.

Oct 14, 2020

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

When you order a metal print, you want something with vibrant colors, a solid mounting system, and high-quality metal. In this article, learn what you DON'T want to see in a metal print.

Oct 13, 2020

There are many different canvas print options you can choose from. The question is, what options do you pick for your photo? Find out in this guide!

Oct 13, 2020

If you're looking for video lighting that has DMX controls, is wireless, and offers a multitude of customization options, look no further than TEKE.

Oct 13, 2020

With these business communication tips, you'll be able to interact with your photography clients in a more meaningful and productive way.

Oct 12, 2020