Trying things out.

12 years 10 months ago #69129 by gusnelsonphotography

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #70207 by MLKstudios
I like that. Are you familiar with the water towers by the German couple, Hilla and Bernd Becher?

Matthew :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 10 months ago #70293 by Stealthy Ninja
Those geese are gonna get smoked and probably steamed. YUM!
12 years 9 months ago #75891 by G edge
Beautiful. The flock of birds flying by is a nice touch too.

12 years 9 months ago #75947 by Screamin Scott
Cool shot....I keep meaning to get some shots of a power plant about 10 miles up the road ...One of these days !

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #75979 by photobod
Great shot, I used to live close to 4 power plants and never photographed one, silly me. :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago #78979 by gusnelsonphotography
Thanks everyone!! I usually drive by this plant every weekend in the winter trying to come up with a different idea on shooting it. This was an early a.m. shot,probably 4 or 5 in the morning. Temp. was in the single digits and exposure was 2 or 3 minutes long.

12 years 9 months ago #84351 by Todd Phillips
Excellent work, the birds are a nice touch and good timing

12 years 9 months ago #87883 by hilltop
Nice shot
If this is a long exposure (2-3 min) how is it that the birds are not blurred and the smoke is not silky... if I had to guess I would think that this was done with a much faster shutter speed

12 years 9 months ago #87949 by gusnelsonphotography
It was a fast shutter speed. Sorry about that. I should of posted the under another pic on here.

12 years 9 months ago #88113 by Baydream

hilltop wrote: Nice shot
If this is a long exposure (2-3 min) how is it that the birds are not blurred and the smoke is not silky... if I had to guess I would think that this was done with a much faster shutter speed

At single digits temps, they may have been frozen in flight - trying to get to the steam to defrost. :toocrazy:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024