Detroit-Windsor Annual Fireworks Display

12 years 9 months ago #109213 by mswiech
53rd Annual Detroit-Windsor Fireworks show take place. Took the family out as I have been waiting to photograph some firework since I got my camera. The show was over 28 mins in length.

All are shot with a D3100 50mm f/1.8D in between F8-11 in Bulb mode on a Velbon Sherpa 200r tripod. Looking for your honest opinion on these. I have posted 5 of the images. You can go to my flickr page to check out the rest. Please remember that I was stationary the whole time and could not move to try and get more of the firework.

1. Start of the show -
img\def

Windsor Fireworks (1 of 1) by mswiechwaterloo , on Flickr

2. Tried for a shot to include the people -
img\def

Windsor Fireworks (2 of 1) by mswiechwaterloo , on Flickr

3. Like the colors
img\def

Windsor Fireworks (3 of 1) by mswiechwaterloo , on Flickr

4. Difficult to get the white fireworks
img\def

Windsor Fireworks (5 of 1) by mswiechwaterloo , on Flickr

5. Towards the end of the show
img\def

Windsor Fireworks --37 by mswiechwaterloo , on Flickr

Here is the link to my flickr page to get out the rest. Let me know what you guys and gals think

www.flickr.com/photos/mswiech/sets/72157627072146084/

Nikon D3100
Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8G
Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
mikeswiechphotography.wordpress.com/

12 years 9 months ago #109216 by liam
good captures!!! :cheers:
1) looks like the wind took some of the pyro nothing you can do about that!
2) i really like this shot(a lil off on the symmetry but good) it tells more of the story than the rest! great job!
3) id like to see the third set of pyro on the right if you have it. just to make it a nice diagonal line from top left to bottom right.
4) this is a good capture multiple bursts of pyro but i think the ren center is a little distracting!
5) i think the white burst in the upper right section takes a lot away from this image.
12 years 9 months ago #109218 by mswiech
Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Nikon D3100
Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8G

12 years 9 months ago #109250 by Scotty
Great shots, im from detroit area as well.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #109252 by Lori G
Nice job. I looked at your album, and actually liked the one that showed more of the Ren Cen, as it gives an idea of where the photos were taken. Out of the shots in this thread, I like the second one the most because you captured a small part of the crowd. :thumbsup:

12 years 9 months ago #109316 by mswiech

Lori G wrote: Nice job. I looked at your album, and actually liked the one that showed more of the Ren Cen, as it gives an idea of where the photos were taken. Out of the shots in this thread, I like the second one the most because you captured a small part of the crowd. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment.. I am glad you looked over the album and like those as well. There was quite a few to choose from. Cheers :)

Nikon D3100
Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8G

12 years 9 months ago #109326 by chasrich
Thanks for sharing these. Fireworks make for a challenging subject. Yours came out really good.:judge: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
The following user(s) said Thank You: mswiech
12 years 9 months ago #109332 by Rob pix4u2
Wow good shots. Love seeing fireworks pix when they are well done - especially number two

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago #109585 by Joiemagic
:judge: :banana:

Great shots... Like how you filled the frame with the fireworks... I really like the second one with the people in the shot... feel free to check out my fireworks shots in the posting: Outside My Window - July 4th Fireworks in this same section... Ihave my original shots then based on some comments, did some cropping to eliminate some excess sky...

Great Job: :goodpost:

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 9 months ago #109589 by photobod
Great set of firework shots, most of what Liam sees I cannot, they all look well taken to me, the set on Flickr are more comprehensive and give a better insight to the whole display. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago #109638 by Joiemagic
Just checked out your Flicker album... commented on one that I felt the fireworks and rocket trails look like Palm Trees... Great job...

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 9 months ago #109681 by mswiech

Joiemagic wrote: Just checked out your Flicker album... commented on one that I felt the fireworks and rocket trails look like Palm Trees... Great job...

You are not the first person to say that :cheer: Thanks for the comments.

Nikon D3100
Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8G

12 years 9 months ago #109682 by mswiech

chasrich wrote: Thanks for sharing these. Fireworks make for a challenging subject. Yours came out really good.:judge: :thumbsup:

Thank You :D

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Wow good shots. Love seeing fireworks pix when they are well done - especially number two

That is what I get the most comments on is that photo of the fireworks. I really like it too. To bad I didn't have more from the show with people in the foreground.

Joiemagic wrote: :judge: :banana:

Great shots... Like how you filled the frame with the fireworks... I really like the second one with the people in the shot... feel free to check out my fireworks shots in the posting: Outside My Window - July 4th Fireworks in this same section... Ihave my original shots then based on some comments, did some cropping to eliminate some excess sky...

Great Job: :goodpost:

Very nice photos that you took as well. Keep it up.

Nikon D3100
Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8G

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024