opinion needed

12 years 9 months ago #109776 by rineshpuvathour
what do u think abt this pic need opinion

Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #109779 by Stealthy Ninja
First thing that jumps out at me is that there is a person in the shot.

The second thing is: The person is too far away.

I wish I could make out more of the person. I mean if I look really close I can see it's some girl, but she's sorta lost in the shot too much IMHO.

Topic moved to Landscape (critique) forum. :)
12 years 9 months ago #109812 by lucky1one
Beautiful sunset and mood. There is nothing wrong with the image. However, you can do a couple of variations:

1. Move in to meet your subject in the water. By closing in to take an intimate shot, I could imagine the rim lighting effect on her hair from the golden sunset.

2. Have your subject back on the sand where your camera is positioned. This gives the impression that she is about to be drawn into the water by the beauty of the sunset. This would become the first shot in a series.

12 years 9 months ago #109894 by Baydream
Human figures are often used to give "scale" to landscapes. This one was a tad dark for me to make out right away but does meet the need. Moving the person too close would diminish the "vastness" of the ocean since the sunset and the ocean are the subject and the person is an element.
Getting closer to the person will create a completely different photo, different but not necessarily better or worse.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #109895 by Rob pix4u2
First impression is " Wow" but moving the person in a little closer would not affect the mood of the shot. Beautiful sunset

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #109949 by Shadowfixer1
Since the shot is already done, crop most of the right side of the image off. There is nothing there adding to the story of the image. I would crop out a lot of the bottom also to keep the horizon out of the center of the image. This would help put the person on the lower right power point in the rule of thirds.
12 years 9 months ago #110071 by photobod
First of all the horizon isnt in the middle of the photo as suggested the girl is nicely placed in the image giving that wonderful scale and the mood/lighting of the landscape is wonderful, its just the girl being so dark in there, I would suggest try a little dodging in photoshop on the girl/boy, this way the great landscape is left alone as it should be and if you can reveal the girl a little more voila.
If you dont know how to dodge a photo then its easy to learn there are many tutorials on photoshopping an image, if you wish send me a full resolution photo to [email protected] and I will happily give it a try, a lot will depend on the quality of the image.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago #110084 by Nikonjan
I would crop off some of the right side of the photo to place the women more in the rule of thirds.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 9 months ago #110089 by Shadowfixer1
The horizon may not be in the exact center mathematically, but it is too centered for my taste and I feel it gives the image a static feeling. There is no right or wrong, just opinion. I feel if it was cropped as I said earlier, it would be more dynamic. I agree with trying to work on the person.
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #110102 by chasrich
:judge: I like the balance you have between the overpowering sun and the details on the girl. Yes it could be tweaked as Photobod suggest but this exposure is right on a fine line that had to be intentional. I say well done on that. The composition offered a lot of different opportunities as has been pointed out. I like the one you chose just fine.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #110653 by koolbreeze113
i think its beautiful.the image weather male or female doesn't matter as much as that its a person.i think the person adds to the greatness of the elements photograpghed.:judge:

12 years 9 months ago #110847 by Willis eTech
I like the composition. The model subject is near the third, but if the image was cropped on the right, she would be right on the mark. The only thing i might have done differently, is compose for the horizon to be more in the bottom third of the image.

Beautiful shot though.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024