Critique Please

11 years 3 weeks ago #114547 by Rob pix4u2
This one is from a trip to Colorado to go off roading in my Jeep. Taken with a Fuji finepix 3000 camera at 3 MP

next one is taken with film-Fuji Reala 100 Nikon N90s Nikon 80-200mm 2.8 data unrecorded

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #114571 by The Time Capturer
I like the second one but I love the first one ... kinda looks like a histogram. Nice rich colours. Did you use any filters? (polarizer perhaps?)

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.

11 years 3 weeks ago #114592 by KCook
Both look a little dark on my wonky display. Really like the top one.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 3 weeks ago #114611 by Stealthy Ninja
I think there is some flare in the sky on the top one.

Nice

11 years 3 weeks ago #114623 by robbie
The first one looks a little hazy but beautiful colors.The second one has a wide band from the top of the frame near the center[could be pressure mark?]The cloud on the top right corner pulls your eye out of the image.

11 years 3 weeks ago #114624 by chasrich
Really nice colors. Mountains always gets me high... Dang it - now that tune is stuck in my head.

:judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

11 years 3 weeks ago #114653 by Dori
The first one is beautiful!!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

11 years 3 weeks ago #114658 by DestinDave
:agree:
With Kelly - both look a little dark to me.. a little selective lightening for detail maybe?
With Robbie - the top-right cloud needs cloned or cropped out
With Charles - he's got that damned song in my head now..
With everyone - the first one is beautiful..!
Looks like a great trip West, off-roading is always a blast..

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

11 years 3 weeks ago #114752 by steveheap
I'm with the others - top one is much nicer, although I also think a bit lighter and a bit more contrast would help. A thought on the second - I know you can't go back and take it again, but there may be more on the original image. I think it would look better if the jeep was more to the left and the road tracked across the image from the bottom right to top left to leave your eye with the jeep on the horizon. It is too centered for my liking as it is.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

11 years 3 weeks ago #114823 by Rob pix4u2
Thanks Y'all for the critiques-I would love to go back to re-take the second one but I was as far to the right as I could get being on a shelf road and all but the next time i won't center the subject as much.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 3 weeks ago #114855 by photobod
RUBBISH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: great work as always Rob, the bottom one looks dusty to me I can see lots of speckles over the sky ???

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these passive income photography ideas, you can expand your revenue stream without putting in a bunch of time and effort.

Aug 10, 2022

Photography storytelling can be done in many ways with different subjects through various mediums. Use these tips to learn more about telling stories with your photos.

Aug 08, 2022

Effective photography marketing requires pursuing multiple avenues for advertising your business. Get some insight into how to market your business in this guide.

Aug 08, 2022

As a beginner photographer, there are many different digital camera features to learn. This guide introduces you to some of the most important ones.

Aug 03, 2022

What is a prime lens? How are they different from zooms? Find out in this beginner photography tutorial on prime lenses!

Aug 03, 2022

A wood frame canvas print doesn't just need a high-quality, good-looking canvas. It also needs a well-built wood frame to keep the canvas tight.

Aug 02, 2022

Use these simple, straightforward newborn photography tips to improve the quality of your images and wow clients with beautiful photos of their baby.

Aug 02, 2022

Leather photography bags not only look great and are durable, but they offer excellent organization and protection for your gear.

Aug 02, 2022