critique comments plzzzzzzzz

12 years 8 months ago #117866 by anketmohanty
which one do u like the most................

[attachment:2]Picture 1256.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:3]Picture 125-2.jpg[/attachment]

Anket Mohanty
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117867 by anketmohanty

Anket Mohanty
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117868 by anketmohanty
the last one is the original pic without any post production.....................

Anket Mohanty
12 years 8 months ago #117884 by DestinDave
I like the silhouetted trees and foreground in both 1 and 2.. On #2 the white highlights and halos on the trees matches the bright clouds and has a bit more impact for that reason.. The original is a bit flat and the sky not nearly as interesting..

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 8 months ago #117885 by anketmohanty
thnk u dave i feel the same only had doubts coz i feel tht a good photograph should not have much post processing ..............what abt the 3rd i have tried to give it a bit of night look...................

Anket Mohanty
12 years 8 months ago #117888 by DestinDave
The 3rd is what I referred to as the original.. I like the detail in the water and foreground but the sky is a bit flat.. are you using Photoshop? if so, you could create a new layer, burn the sky in as in the 1st, and then a layer mask to brush away the bottom parts and leave the detail as in the 3rd.. A combination of #1 and #3...

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 8 months ago #117897 by chasrich
Ain't pushing pixels around fun? I like #1 myself. This is a great example of what can be done using editing software. The perfect adjustment will vary from person to person but you clearly understand that process. I find the key is to keep the post production to a minimum with the goal being to get it right and make it look like it came out of the camera that way. :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #117902 by anketmohanty
i agree ..............i don't like too much post production though i can do amazing things with it .....i like it natural........

and i was talking abt the 2nd picture in the second post the one with the night sky feel plzzzzzzzz comment does it look ok as night sky or i have to tinker arnd with it.............

Anket Mohanty
12 years 8 months ago #117903 by anketmohanty
is it better or the previous one.....................

Anket Mohanty
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117904 by chasrich
It still looks like sunset to me even with the color shift away from the red. It is too bright for a real nighttime sky. I just noticed you posted an amended number 2 - this is closer to that night time feel. I was about to suggest a darker blue for the sky and that looks to me like what you have done. Yes the last one is better IMHO.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #117907 by anketmohanty
seems like u and me think alike .......................lol....thnks a lot fr ur comments i appreciate it a lot.................

Anket Mohanty
12 years 8 months ago #117913 by chasrich

anketmohanty wrote: seems like u and me think alike .......................lol....thnks a lot fr ur comments i appreciate it a lot.................

You must know then... We are crazy! :woohoo:

12 years 8 months ago #118044 by anketmohanty
agreed crazy people gr8 ideas..................

Anket Mohanty
12 years 8 months ago #118311 by Scotty
Moved to the right section to gain more traffic, enjoy.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #118318 by Rob pix4u2
Liked the red clouds in # 1 but the re-do is a nice compromise

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024