Ocean Front....

12 years 6 months ago #147002 by Joiemagic
Feel free to comment... Not my best... but thought I would share anyway....

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #147082 by MLKstudios
I'll comment AFTER you tell me why you think they are not your best work.

What would YOU have done differently?

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #147094 by Joiemagic

MLKstudios wrote: I'll comment AFTER you tell me why you think they are not your best work.

What would YOU have done differently?

Actually, I would say that they just seem plain to me.... While I like the color, I guess it is the lack of any major waves.... and I know I have no control over that.... But, that is one of the things I love to shoot living here at the beach.... These were add on shots I took while taking the photos of my buildings from the jetty.

OK Matthew, now please do add your thoughts... and thanks... You did get me to think about the photos a bit more....

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #147099 by MLKstudios
Glad to help.

Your comment was simply, I wish I would have chosen a better subject (i.e. bigger waves) to begin with.

But what could you do to these two images to make them better? Some examples...

Composed them differently, or shot a different time of day? Maybe gotten a completely different POV (Point of View)?

Something initially made you want to push the button. Afterwards you may have to "work it" to get the best image out of it.

BTW I'm not asking how you would "fix it in post", but what you'd do different in camera.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 6 months ago #147119 by Joiemagic
Thanks Matthew.... and yes, I understand what you meant as I read your reply.... Like I said, you did get me thinking...

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #147120 by MLKstudios
That's what I am here for. Thanks for understanding.

BTW I'm not thrilled with #1 but if you took the top off of #2 you got something. Needs simplified.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 6 months ago #147143 by chasrich
On number two I find myself squinting into the rock shadows to see what might be hiding there. I'm wondering if a lighter exposure would have helped this area. Combine that with this version (HDR perhaps) or even use some fill flash. I'm not confident that any of this would have helped but I am confident I would have tried just to see.

:judge: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #147146 by MLKstudios
Looking for those missing tones, are we? In Zone-speak he's got the shadows in Zones 0 to I. They need to be between II and III to see them better.

Photography is learning to see, like others don't.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024