don't fall down that big hole in the ocean....

11 years 11 months ago #227849 by afoto
i'm in the middle of my road trip down the west coast!! had a chance to take this shot today, and was so happy with the result! after dreaming and dreaming of this location i was worried i wouldn't be able to get the shots i'd hoped, but in the end i was satisfied (and totally soaked!!! and my legs felt like rubber because i was so terrified of falling down the whole, and my many graduated filters were starting to get blurry with salt residue...)

c&c please, as i continue down the coast, i'd like to make sure i don't waste my limited time around big waves!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: alan14
11 years 11 months ago #227859 by geoffellis
Thats amazing! where is this?

And do you know how the water gets out?? i would expect a hole to fill up??
11 years 11 months ago #227860 by chasrich
:agree:

This looks like a special effects from some Pirates of the Caribbean movie - totally amazing shot. :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 11 months ago #227864 by Darrell
Great shot !!:judge: :judge: :judge:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
11 years 11 months ago #227872 by chasrich

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 11 months ago #227926 by KCook
Fun feature! :thumbsup:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 11 months ago #227939 by afoto
hey everyone, thanks for the kind comments
geoffellis, the hole has a little tunnel which leads out into the ocean so when the waves come in it lets out HUGE splashes.... and i was even there at low tide..

11 years 10 months ago #228304 by Joiemagic
:judge: :judge: :judge: Great photo... I agree with Charles... It looks like it is out of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #228543 by bluesydude
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fabulous shot! Picture perfect! Book worthy! Love it! Best shot I've seen this week! Be careful!

Focused on photography
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #229047 by afoto
thank you guys!

11 years 10 months ago #229435 by mclayton
Excellent shot!

11 years 10 months ago #229587 by Stealthy Ninja
Brilliant photo.

Horizon is slightly crooked just FYI. :)
11 years 10 months ago #229679 by VT Hiker
That is great; lots of mood and movement. The linked gallery of other photos was cool too. Oregon has many wonders.

Every moment of light and dark is a miracle. - Walt Whitman
11 years 10 months ago #229758 by bernie-d
:thumbsup: awesome

bernie-d
11 years 10 months ago #229801 by chasrich
Congrats on being featured in a PT facebook ad. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024