Night Skyline

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #351885 by DSRay
img\def

There is no EXIF data because this is a 9 exposure HDR image.  All exposures at 55mm f10 and ranging from 1 sec to 4 minutes. Canon T2i with Canon 18-55mm kit lens.  Photomatix software.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DayJob
10 years 1 month ago #351887 by Stealthy Ninja
Well I don't know what the scene was really like, but that's a very realistic looking HDR.

Well done.

However... I find the photo a bit bland to be honest. Just a few buildings...?! (remember where I live) ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DSRay
10 years 1 month ago #351889 by DSRay

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Well I don't know what the scene was really like, but that's a very realistic looking HDR.

Well done.

However... I find the photo a bit bland to be honest. Just a few buildings...?! (remember where I live) ;)

Well, hello.  How do you compete with that???

But bland describes this city to a 'T', with or without the buildings. - LOL

10 years 1 month ago #351911 by DSRay

Here's a single exposure from before sunset to give you an idea of the 'original' scene.

10 years 1 month ago #352051 by Shadowfixer1
HDR as it should be used. The cartoon looking stuff is getting old. Nicely done but I do agree with the Ninja that it's not a very compelling scene. Well done technically, but not appealing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DSRay
10 years 1 month ago #352141 by DSRay
Thanks to both of you for your considered feedback. I participate here to learn and while no one likes to hear criticism, it is the best way for me to improve my efforts.  I hope you will both continue to offer your feed back on my future submissions.

10 years 1 month ago #352143 by garyrhook

DSRay wrote: But bland describes this city to a 'T', with or without the buildings.

Ha-ha! That's funny.

I agree that this is very well done. Lots of detail everywhere, but it looks like something your eye would actually see at a certain time of day.  Good job.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352769 by Jim Photo
The trees have a nice almost reach and and touch look.  You did a really good job creating depth in this photo.  

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353247 by StephanieW
I really love how it's done. And lol that "bland" describes the city. Even with the somewhat boring subject matter, I think the effects are nice. :)

10 years 1 month ago #353645 by Stealthy Ninja
What is the name of this city?
10 years 1 month ago #353753 by fotobygoodyear
Nice

10 years 1 month ago #353815 by DSRay

Stealthy Ninja wrote: What is the name of this city?

The states second largest city, home city and resting place of Gerald R. Ford (38th President) with a majority of a super conservative Dutch population, I give you Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024