Colorado Rocky Mountains

8 years 4 months ago #462419 by KCook
The Landscape forum appears to be on life support, so I am posting this in the General category.  Finally put together a blog for my photos of our vacation in Estes Park.  First a couple of teasers -
The above was taken with a Panasonic 45-200 at 56mm (M4/3 gear).

And a Panasonic/Leica 25mm was used for this, at f/16.

Here is the link for the blog -

http://needsabeach.com/blog/colorado/ 

Please don't take this thread to be just my stuff.  If you have any neat photos of the Colorado Rockies, post away!

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

8 years 4 months ago #462433 by ThatNikonGuy
Beautiful scene

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCook
8 years 4 months ago #462434 by Alex
Landscape forum doing just fine friend.  That place looks like a gold mine for nature and killer landscapes!  How accessible is this area during the winter months?  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #462475 by KCook
All of the spots the photos were taken from are accessible by paved roads, so I would think they are open in winter.  To get to the best of the best you need to hike, but the trails are not bad.  Of course a winter hike might mean snow shoes.
My last visit to the area was over a half century ago, so I remembered very little.  In an effort to get to know the area quickly, I had scheduled the afternoon of the first day with a local photo guide.  But that was the day knocked out by heavy cloud cover, forcing us to scrub that tour.  And the guy was completely booked up for the rest of our time there, I never got to get out with him.  So much for the great plans of mice and men!

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

8 years 4 months ago #462509 by KENT MELTON
I'm guessing there is some good fishing at the second location.  Great spot for photos.  Thanks for sharing. 

Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #462525 by KCook
Funny thing.  I saw a whole bunch of fly fishermen on a stretch of one river.  But that was it, did not see fishing on the other rivers.  There was also fishing going on at Sprague Lake.  As we got closer to Denver, there was some fishing on Boulder Creek.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

8 years 4 months ago #463124 by Number 7
 These are great, I bet there is all sorts of wildlife in those woods to photograph. 

Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463160 by KCook
No doubt.  That guide service I tried to use offers photo-safaris just for wildlife.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

8 years 4 months ago #463320 by rmeyer7
Very nice. The Rockies are definitely on the shortlist for the next places my wife and I want to visit. I was thinking Alaska might come first...but seeing this makes Colorado pretty tempting!

8 years 4 months ago #463326 by KCook
Yup.  Colorado prices made a real difference for us.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

8 years 3 months ago #463349 by Travel Nut
Terrific shots well composed. Thanks for sharing.

8 years 3 months ago #465079 by Simon Says
wow, amazing shots! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024