ISO: 100
Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec
Captured: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 13:12pm

IMO, of course. CC encouraged.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago #567729 by Joe Peterson
So, I stared at this shot for some time to figure what and how you photographed it.  First glance, I thought you did a close up of one of those rocks that are used in your BBQ.   Interesting use of light :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: garyrhook
6 years 1 month ago #567745 by Joshua Atkins
The textures are awesome man! 

6 years 1 month ago #567753 by garyrhook

Joe Peterson wrote: So, I stared at this shot for some time to figure what and how you photographed it.  First glance, I thought you did a close up of one of those rocks that are used in your BBQ.   Interesting use of light :thumbsup:

Made you look. I count that as a win :-)

It's a block of granite on a sea wall. Perhaps 2 feet wide? And a moody sky. Up close it reminded me of a mountain, with all the associated drama. And I like manipulating light in this way.

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #567840 by Carl Mendez
:judge:

6 years 1 month ago #567905 by razashaikh
Stunning shot.

6 years 1 month ago #568141 by Shadowfixer1
:thumbsup:
6 years 1 month ago #568189 by Breanna Ellington
Nice textures! Well done! 

6 years 1 month ago #568414 by Adam Wilson
Beautifully done!

6 years 1 month ago #568619 by Hannah Williams
I like the details of this photo. It's very interesting!

6 years 1 month ago #568823 by Ted Baker
Reminds me of an asteroid :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #568866 by G Vernon
You may like to try experimenting with the Laowa 15mm macro it´s the ultimate for producing wide environmental vista´s of tiny worlds :-)

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #568899 by garyrhook

GJ-Vernon wrote: You may like to try experimenting with the Laowa 15mm macro it´s the ultimate for producing wide environmental vista´s of tiny worlds :-)

Metal, full frame, 14 aperture blades, and flat front. $500 USD. Sounds very nice.

Except who puts up a website for lenses without example images?

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #568991 by G Vernon
They have example images for every lens they produce.
The gallery is here: www.venuslens.net/gallery/

There are also many reviews of the lens from pro macro photographers and lots of images online, do a google image search and also You Tube has videos, there is also a Flickr group, it´s a solid lens and they now have a distributor in the UK, previously you had to order from China.

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #569005 by garyrhook
Ah. I would have expected a link from the page describing the lens, but that's just me. The f/4 macro images are quite nice.

You can order it from Amazon for $500. Easy-peazy. That was after I found a Canadian distributor.

I think that's on my list now. But it will have to wait until after a few more tattoos....

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024

In the great Canon R6 vs R6 Mark II, which one is best? Is it the original, groundbreaking R6 or the mildly updated and newer R6 Mark II? Let’s dive in and find out!

Apr 03, 2024