Shoshone Falls, Idaho

2 months 2 weeks ago #633880 by Jared-Weaver
Shoshone Falls was flowing early this year. I got to take a quick trip with my family out to photograph the falls at not quite max flow. This is my favorite stage, the water is flowing over the entire fall but not at enough volume to obscure details. 
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 6D
Lens: EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/10.0
Shutter speed: 01m:41s
Captured: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 19:31pm
Lens: EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter speed: 15 s
Captured: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 19:24pm
Lens: EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Aperture: f/16.0
Shutter speed: 0.6 sec
Captured: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 19:36pm

Camera- Canon 6D
Lens- Canon 16-35mm F4L and 24-70mm F4L
Filter- B+W 3 stop ND
Tripod- Manfrotto 055 Carbon Fiber 

Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #633889 by spudalicious
Fantastic series Jared!   I'm a big fan of the first shot.  I love that sense of a vast western scene.   Also, the inclusion of the powerhouse (which is not small  is fantastic for showing off the grand scale of the mighty Snake pouring over a very tall cliff.

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #633892 by Jared-Weaver
Thanks man. Can't wait to show off the Banks photos. Glad we got out to shoot that morning. 

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #633893 by spudalicious

Jared-Weaver wrote: Thanks man. Can't wait to show off the Banks photos. Glad we got out to shoot that morning. 

I had so much fun!  It was a blast :D   I can't wait to do it again.  Thanks a million for getting up at oh-dark-thirty to hang out with me.

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #633966 by Monica Martinez
What a joy to watch! I think your best shot is 2nd one in my opinion. I like how it is balanced with the sky the waterfall and the ground. Well done! 

2 months 2 weeks ago #634099 by Carl Mendez
The exposure of the first shot is really good but I would have loved to see a bit of the sky more. 

2 months 2 weeks ago #634111 by Jared-Weaver
I had a few with more sky. By this shot, there were no clouds, making for a flat, boring sky. 

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #634234 by Inez Villarin
First shot is my favorite, that water color just looks amazing.  Kudos.

2 months 1 week ago #635061 by Lauren Grant
I also like the exposure of the third shot. The nice of flow of the water is very relaxing to watch. 

2 months 1 week ago #635230 by Steve Rodriguez
I think the cropping of the second shot is the best. The viewpoint is also well emphasized in the second shot. 

2 months 1 week ago #635280 by GaryA
The moving water is nice, very soothing. 

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

2 months 1 week ago #635456 by razashaikh
Amazing Waterfall! I loved all the images.

2 months 1 week ago #635497 by Bobby Mitchell
It is always relaxing to watch these kinds of photos. I enjoyed a lot the water-flow especially the third one. Just the right amount of long exposure here. 

2 months 11 hours ago #636623 by Hannah Williams
Very good composition. I like the landscape shot here. Well done! 

1 month 4 weeks ago #636843 by Adam Wilson
I like the cropping in the second shot: the ground and the sky. 

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Recommended Gear

Latest Reviews

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

In this Panasonic GH5 review, learn if this camera's features for still photography and videography are still top-of-the-class in 2019.

May 15, 2019

In this Sony a7R III vs Panasonic GH5 comparison, we take a look at the sensor, ISO performance, video capabilities, and image stabilization of these cameras, and much more.

May 10, 2019

In this Nikon D3300 review, learn about this entry-level camera's specifications, features, and performance so you can decide if it's the best beginner camera for you.

Apr 30, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not sure what kind of camera strap is right for you? In this article, I offer my thoughts of the pros and cons of several common types of camera straps.

May 21, 2019

The brand-new Peak Design Travel Tripod is a game-changing, innovative piece of kit that will influence how tripods are designed for years to come.

May 21, 2019

With these advanced landscape photography tips you'll learn a few techniques for taking landscape photography to the next level.

May 20, 2019

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

Photo by Thomas Griggs on Unsplash Easter Island only has 5,700 inhabitants, but the more than 150,000 tourists that visit the...

May 19, 2019

Searching for "photography jobs" and "places hiring near me" is not a good enough strategy for how to find photography jobs. In this article, learn where and how to find the job for you.

May 16, 2019

You're probably familiar with famous photographers like Ansel Adams, but do you know the highest paid photographers of all time? Check this list to find out.

May 16, 2019

What are the best used cameras under $100? There are plenty of choices, but the digital cameras under $100 on this list are both capable and well under budget.

May 16, 2019