Galata Tower Istanbul Turkey

4 years 11 months ago #642339 by Alex
A shot of historic Galata Tower from across the bay.  This was one of the shots I was hoping to find when I arrived in Turkey from a couple weeks ago. 

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON Z 7
Lens: 28.0-300.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO: 640
Aperture: f/16.0
Shutter speed: 1/125 sec
Captured: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:32pm

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 11 months ago #642348 by John Landolfi
Vibrant!

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
4 years 11 months ago #642355 by Nikon Shooter

John Landolfi wrote: Vibrant!

Yes, way too vibrant. I don't remember it that way!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642369 by Ian Stone
Disagree, this works for me.  Nice shot Alex.  How far are you from that tower?  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642376 by Alex

Nikon Shooter wrote:

John Landolfi wrote: Vibrant!

Yes, way too vibrant. I don't remember it that way!

You might want to return and take another look.  There is color to be found all over there. :)  This shot wasn't processed to much.  Rather simple adjustments as I thought the original was a little flat:

(Original shot from this set, no editing at all)
Captured: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:34pm

Only adjustments I made in Lightroom:

No worries, to each his own my friend.  For me, I like the hint of punchyness.  I actually think it works in black and white too:

Captured: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 16:32pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 11 months ago #642378 by Alex
LOL I just noticed my ISO was up on this shot.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642381 by Nikon Shooter
ISO 640 is in a very tolerable range for these cameras.

I am not sure, Alex, the the same light conditions prevailed
when I was there 25 years ago though it was very sunny,

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642383 by Alex

Nikon Shooter wrote: ISO 640 is in a very tolerable range for these cameras.

I am not sure, Alex, the the same light conditions prevailed
when I was there 25 years ago though it was very sunny,

Oh, I agree.  However I normally will shoot much lower ISO during bright day like this.  Just found it funny that up until commenting on this thread, that I had not noticed the ISO was at 640 for this shot.  

How long were you over there for?  Did you have time to explore? I found the city to be full of so much character.  I must have walked no joke, 50 miles through out the city while there.   I have a dusk shot of the above that I like as well.  You might like this one, the colors are not as vibrant, however I did shift the sky color a tad, it kind of has a navy blue/purplish feeling to it.  

ISO: 160
Aperture: f/11.0
Shutter speed: 15 s
Captured: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 22:08pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 11 months ago #642386 by KENT MELTON
I'm digging the black and white one the most, actually add just a little more contrast and that would do it for me.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642389 by Alex

KENT MELTON wrote: I'm digging the black and white one the most, actually add just a little more contrast and that would do it for me.  

Thank you Kent

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642422 by Hannah Williams
The black and white I think has richer tonal range and yes, a little contrast will help. 

4 years 11 months ago #642441 by Kenta
I'm partial to the original colored one you posted.  From the subsequent shot you posted, the colors are spiced up a little, however not overboard.  Thumbs up from me.

Do you plan to come to Brazil any time soon?

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #642871 by Jack Mason
The original photo is what I like the most. Nice vibrant colors! 

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024