Little Redfish Lake Sunrise

9 months 1 week ago #655922 by Jared-Weaver
Perfectly clear skies limited my options for shooting the Sawtooth range so I opted to capture some reflection shots to add some interest to the composition. This one is from Little Redfish Lake in Stanley, Idaho. I was up there last week on an RV trip with the family and the clouds did not cooperate the entire time.  I'd leave before sunrise and see about 50% coverage with a mix of mid and high clouds, perfect for sunrise, only to have them flee the fame like OJ from a murder scene. Some mornings are like that I guess. I'm still pleased with the results. What are your thoughts? 

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS RP
Lens: RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/16.0
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Captured: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 6:43am

Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago #655923 by Nikon Shooter
Fresh, delicious! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jared-Weaver

9 months 1 week ago #655924 by Ontherocks
Nice shot! That reflection is gold!

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jared-Weaver

9 months 1 week ago #656029 by Steve Rodriguez
Incredible landscape! The reflection is beautiful! 

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Variable ND filters aren't for everyone, but they do have many benefits for photographers. In this guide, learn about the pros of variable ND filters, the cons, the difference between variable ND filters and fixed ND filters, and more.

Jun 02, 2020

In this Olympus OM-D E-M1 II review, learn about the camera's specs and features, pros and cons, price, and much more.

Jun 02, 2020

In this ball head buying guide, learn about the specs and features of some of the top ball heads of 2020.

Jun 01, 2020

There are many different benefits of lens filters for photography. You can control exposure. You can also control glare. Get the scoop on other benefits in this guide.

Jun 01, 2020

There are many reasons why you should print on metal, including the durability and uniqueness of metal prints, as well as all the options you have for customizing your print.

May 29, 2020

Razer has unleashed the 2020 version of their Blade 15 Studio, and it is an incredible machine with the power visual creatives need.

May 29, 2020

To learn nude photography - particularly artistic nude photography - requires you to commit yourself to artistic thinking and the process of taking a well thought out image.

May 29, 2020

Taking self-portraits requires the right gear and the right approach. Get critical portrait photography tips in this quick how-to guide.

May 28, 2020