Awesome light Balboa Beach Sunset

4 years 5 months ago #666121 by Alex
Went down to Balboa Beach on Friday.  My SunSet app was showing great color.  I went out to test out the new Polar Pro Summit filters and lucked out with the colors.  I originally went to Newport Beach Pier... however the sand color at Balboa Beach was darker brown, so I set up here.  

Feel free to leave a comment. 

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KNguyen
4 years 5 months ago #666123 by garyrhook
That's quite nice. I like the orange light on the sand.

Did you try a long-ish exposure?

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666138 by John Landolfi
:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666139 by John Landolfi
Thank you for not turning the water into toothpaste:)

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666149 by Alex

garyrhook wrote: That's quite nice. I like the orange light on the sand.

Did you try a long-ish exposure?

Hey bro... sure did... 2.5 seconds

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666150 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: Thank you for not turning the water into toothpaste:)

LOL what you don't like toothpaste?  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666154 by effron
Beautiful, almost makes me miss my old stomping grounds.....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666160 by garyrhook

*snort*

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666163 by ThatNikonGuy
Alex it says a Canon took this photo?  Did you switch platforms I thought you had a Nikon? 

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666172 by John Landolfi

garyrhook wrote:

*snort*

you snort toothpaste?:)

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666177 by Jeanne Merlo
I don't get it?  What does it mean to turn the water into toothpaste?  

4 years 5 months ago #666237 by Sanford
Gorgeous shot Alex.  How do you like those filters?  That bracket is only for their filters right? So if you have other 100x150 filters, you can't use with that system?

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666243 by garyrhook

Jeanne Merlo wrote: I don't get it?  What does it mean to turn the water into toothpaste?  

That is a reference to a very long exposure time that makes the water smooth (and silky) and quite white. For example, the first one here .

Handling water in images is a very subjective thing. You'll find differences of opinion regarding it.

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666273 by JaneK
Love this photo, where is your son?

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666285 by Jon East
WOW, really like this photo

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024