Captured: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 7:13am

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 5 months ago #666276 by Nikon Shooter
Very good stuff, Jared! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666325 by Ira Weber
Million dollar reflection there!  And that fog adds so much mystery to the shot! 

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666360 by Monica Martinez
This is breathtaking! The light and reflection are in harmony! 

4 years 5 months ago #666427 by Alex
Now this is something else!  Nothing I don't like about this shot.  Amazing work!  

You should have this uploaded in the gallery here so work like this can be selected for Inspirational Photo of the Day (hint hint).  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666444 by KENT MELTON
Put me down as a new fan!

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666553 by Randall McNabb
That is so beautiful, love the exposure time you went with

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666593 by Neil Dulay
38 seconds turned out to be a perfect exposure time.  I really like this photo.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666672 by Jack Mason
Yeah! This is really impressive! Everything is this shot is in the right place and the right time. 

4 years 5 months ago #666780 by Kira Minori
I would have placed this in a frame if I were you. 

4 years 5 months ago #666931 by Jared-Weaver
I actually sold one similar to this :)

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #666932 by Jared-Weaver

Alex wrote: Now this is something else!  Nothing I don't like about this shot.  Amazing work!  

You should have this uploaded in the gallery here so work like this can be selected for Inspirational Photo of the Day (hint hint).  

Already had a similar composition make it up to Inspirational Photo of the Day! Lol

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #666987 by garyrhook
The light and the colors here are quite nice. Excellent shade of blue in the sky, as you point out.

For me, I'm not a fan of this composition. The split between the island (?) and platform just bothers me. I keep bouncing between them, and the mountains end up ignored.

I wonder if being about 50-60 feet to your right might have been an improvement: get the island and trees in front of the mountains more, and lose the platform. So we could focus on the distant objects, their reflection, and the middle ground

Technically an excellent image.

Of course, just my $0.02.

Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #667109 by Stanly
Impressive! 

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
4 years 4 months ago #667150 by Sanford
You just got a new fan :thumbsup:

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024