Looters are Color Blind

2 months 1 week ago #687297 by Shadowfixer1
I'm not sure what stealing a comforter out of a Target store has to do with an unjustified death. Thankfully it seems like the criminals have left and are leaving the peaceful protesters to do their thing. Here is one of many incidents in Atlanta. I did stay away from the epicenter of the trouble. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #687300 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day SF

I find it very hard to comment upon the image without my comments walking sideways into the politics of it all. The text on the windows says more than those words

The world outside the US is saddened by what we see, and to a large extent a) agree that looting cannot be justified, and b) the death at the start of this current explosion cannot be excused.

Opinion writers in major news sites outside the US have a common theme - the world is watching the fall of a great nation, it has been going now for some decades and still has some decades to go, but then the US will be just another failed state - because they did not address major issues of inequality and sharing of economic resources amongst its people.

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 months 1 week ago #687304 by John Landolfi
Much truth in what you say. Which nation has done so? On whom do you bestow the mantle of wisdom?

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #687306 by Pandora
As N/S says, it's hard to comment on this kind of image without getting into politics. So I will confine it to an endorsement of N/S' observations, albeit outspoken.

Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #687314 by John Landolfi
Ask black people living in Paris, Rome, London, about their place in society. And Rohingiahs fleeing Myanmar. And Weigurs in chinese camps. The demonstrations all over are not only in support of the protests for what happened in Minneapolis, they address far broader issues. Not politics, but the human condition.

Photo Comments

2 months 5 days ago #687558 by Adam Wilson
People have differing view. 

2 months 5 days ago #687562 by Screamin Scott
I followed the "stay at home" orders due to my age and existing medical conditions...No desire to be swept up in that madness...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

2 months 4 days ago #687666 by Joshua Atkins
it's good you stayed home. We did too. 

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X-E3 review, learn about the specs, features, pros, cons, and more of this excellent entry-level mirrorless camera.

Aug 05, 2020

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

With a $500 budget, there are all kinds of awesome photography gift ideas you can purchase for the photographer on your 2020 holiday shopping list!

Aug 14, 2020

What are the best metal print companies in 2020? In this detailed metal print comparison, we discuss the pros and cons of metal prints from six leading companies.

Aug 12, 2020

To expand your photography business amid the pandemic might seem like an impossible task. But if you use these photography business tips, you might find that you have more clients coming in the door.

Aug 12, 2020

With these simple post-processing tips, you will learn how to edit a landscape photo for maximum impact.

Aug 11, 2020

Not sure how to seal the deal with your clients? With these photography business tips, learn a few insider tricks for capturing more long-term business.

Aug 11, 2020

Camera straps should be an investment in something that lasts a long, long time. These specialty Star Wars camera straps from Holdfast fit the bill!

Aug 11, 2020

Having a good lens filter in your kit is paramount if you want to take the best photos. This particular lens filter might just be the best one you can buy.

Aug 11, 2020

With this list of gifts for photographers under $250, you have tons of great holiday gift ideas for the photographer on your list!

Aug 06, 2020