Morning mist in the valley

3 years 1 week ago #714272 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

Maybe it's a sign of things to come - it's that time of year when autumn is with us and morning mists are to be expected occasionally

img\def

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/320s x F9,0; ISO-125; lens at 19x zoom / 475mm FF equiv
pp- from JPG original, Levels, Crop to 16 x 9;

As always, feedback welcome

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

3 years 1 week ago #714288 by peterock33
Nice shot Phil.  The air looks heavy there. So you are living in our October at this end of the world.  Our trees around here, would be all colored and possibly already bare some years.... and the snow wouldn't be all that far off.  Your trees look so green here.  What's your late fall and winter like?  Does it snow where you are, or are you too far north?  I've never quite made it south enough to cross the equator, but I find the differences very interesting.

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714342 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Peter

If you turned Aussie-land downside-up it would probably fit over the region from Panama to San Francisco or Washinton DC. While a small number of alpine areas get winter snows, overall the climate is what we read about for California..... delightful mid-range temperatures along with occasional rainfall

However we do have our extremes ~ and remember the North-South here is opposite to you "up there". Our summer winds from the north come across a hot continent, meaning that southern Oz can get temperatures over 40C / 100F+ regularly over the December-January-February period. The last 2 summers have given us temps hitting 45C to 50C (115 to 125F) in some places. That also was when the bushfires raged out of control for hundreds of kilometres across the landscape

Our home is about 300km north of Sydney roughly equiv to San Diego or Charleston in South Carolina, so winter clothing is a mix of T-shirt and shorts on good days, and long daks and a pull-on sweater on cold days. Life's a bugga ain't it

As to visiting here -once the covid business is taken care of - Oz would offer you so many opportunities for adventure ... it comes down to 'how much time do you have?' - a month as a minimum, many come here for a year and tour at their leisure

Hope this helps
Phil

3 years 1 week ago #714354 by peterock33

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: winter clothing is a mix of T-shirt and shorts on good days, and long daks and a pull-on sweater on cold days. Life's a bugga ain't it

Haha, it sure is.

Thank you for enlightening me (or should I say, us) on Aussie-land.... very interesting.   I looked on a map more closely and was surprised to see that Australia's latitudes placed it more north than I was expecting.  I knew parts of it got very hot and now I see why. 

We were following the fires you had down there and everyone here was talking about how devastating it must have been for you all.  Everyone was feeling so bad and couldn't imagine how helpless you all must have felt.... and all the loss of wildlife. There just aren't words to describe it all.  We get our share of fires here, but nothing compared to that one.

I have always wanted to take a trip down to both Australia and New Zealand, but just never got around to it.  I had a few friends from high school (a long time ago.... I am retired now) that went down there after graduation and two of them never returned home. Everyone who has visited there had nothing but great things to say about everything.... people and country.

Anyway Phil, thank you for the details you gave us.  I always enjoy your tidbits of information in your posts from time to time about your fair land.  

Photo Comments
3 years 1 week ago #714383 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Peter

All good mate
File away my public email for off-line chatting in the future if ever you want more info
"Phil Jones"<[email protected]>

Phil

3 years 1 week ago #714448 by db3348
Good plug,  Phil ,  although  I  would have suggested  minimum 3 to 6 months to get  even a half-decent taste of the land , but  then  I  guess  not every international visitor  has  that much time at their disposal .

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024