Country Sunrise

12 years 10 months ago #73895 by DestinDave
Someone told me the other day about an old barn that a lot of people stopped to photograph so I went looking for it this morning.. before dawn.. (yawn!)

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #73905 by Baydream
Good timing. The early rise was well worth it. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: DestinDave
12 years 10 months ago #73907 by McBeth Photography
Beautiful shot Dave!

It is what it is.
12 years 10 months ago #73963 by Karl Wertanen
:agree: :judge:
12 years 10 months ago #73989 by DestinDave
Thanks guys!

Dave Speicher
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #73997 by chasrich
Looks like the lost sleep was well spent... Great going!

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #74009 by DestinDave

chasrich wrote: Looks like the lost sleep was well spent... Great going!

I'm going to make up for that real soon.. I feel a nap in my future! :thumbsup:
Thanks..

Dave Speicher
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #74475 by crystal
It's a good landscape shot.
But is it suppose to be a general landscape photo? or is the barn suppose to be the subject...if that is the case, I think you could have gotten closer to the barn.
12 years 10 months ago #74483 by chasrich
I was thinking the farm was the subject - including the road and fences and even the hill behind. Is that the definition of general landscape? I agree the barn a little closer would make a good shot too. I'm betting you took more than one shot right?

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #74625 by DestinDave
Crystal, Charles.. I took this shot after loading up and getting back in the car - and then the sun poked through the rolling clouds so I jumped back out and set my tripod next to the car and shot a few.. So, yeah, I guess it's a general landscape taking in the whole scene.. I probably shot 20 or so with different pov, zoom, filters, and so on but couldn't move in any closer than the fence - it's electric!! :ohmy: Since it's such a sprawling barn left to right, I had no choice but to get quite a bit of everything else..
I'll work on some of the other shots with tighter crops and different pov.
Thanks! :cheers:
And, no sooner said than here's one..

Dave Speicher
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #74655 by robbie

DestinDave wrote: Crystal, Charles.. I took this shot after loading up and getting back in the car - and then the sun poked through the rolling clouds so I jumped back out and set my tripod next to the car and shot a few.. So, yeah, I guess it's a general landscape taking in the whole scene.. I probably shot 20 or so with different pov, zoom, filters, and so on but couldn't move in any closer than the fence - it's electric!! :ohmy: Since it's such a sprawling barn left to right, I had no choice but to get quite a bit of everything else..
I'll work on some of the other shots with tighter crops and different pov.
Thanks! :cheers:
And, no sooner said than here's one..

Love this one,nice tight crop.

12 years 10 months ago #74669 by Baydream
"There's more than one right answer". - Dewitt Jones

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #74691 by chasrich
I love em both... :judge: Wish I was there to boost you over the electric fence. I know CPR if that helps...

12 years 10 months ago #74761 by DestinDave

chasrich wrote: I love em both... :judge: Wish I was there to boost you over the electric fence. I know CPR if that helps...

Coulda used you back in 1971.. I met a country girl while camping with friends and we went to her Dad's farm one weekend.. While helping him chop tobacco, he bet me (dumb city boy) that I couldn't pee on that wire fence and split the stream... :ohmy: :blink: :ohmy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Come to think of it, he coulda used you too 'cause he almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave Speicher
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #74825 by digishutterbug
If the voltage isn't too high and you are wearing rubber boots you can touch the fence. We used to shock ourselves as kids on my uncle's farm, by holding with wire. Uh - do you think that could be why I'm a little bit crazy now? :toocrazy:

I like both shots by the way.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024