USS Constitution

12 years 10 months ago #92493 by robbie
www.thefreedomtrail.org/visitor/uss-constitution.html
Just returned from vacation in New Hampshire/Boston area,this is the first of my images that I process,
it`s a three image stitch process in Capture One[raw converter],Capture Efex3,Viveza2,Define 2.0 and CS5.
It is Ir

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #92495 by MLKstudios
True colors? Looks a tad too blue to me (a WB issue). Still, very, very pretty. I love boats.

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 10 months ago #92505 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: True colors? Looks a tad too blue to me (a WB issue). Still, very, very pretty. I love boats.

Thanks Matthew,that`s the colors I wanted.

12 years 10 months ago #92511 by MLKstudios
Understood robbie. I just can't imagine it needs "enhanced" to look better than what it is. Looks like you shot at a good time of the day.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #92519 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: Understood robbie. I just can't imagine it needs "enhanced" to look better than what it is. Looks like you shot at a good time of the day.

Here is the original image....
The custom WB isn`t selected hence the red tint.....

Thanks Matthew.

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #92523 by MLKstudios
That can't be right. Try the cloudy or shade setting.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #92541 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: That can't be right. Try the cloudy or shade setting.

The colors are correct when the 'custom WB' is selected in my raw converter you will lose the red tint.In Photoshop there will be the red tint regardless of the WB selected.That`s the way it is.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #92543 by MLKstudios
Wha'? That's not how WB works. Really.

You mentioned RAW earlier. Do you have the RAW files?

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #92573 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: Wha'? That's not how WB works. Really.

You mentioned RAW earlier. Do you have the RAW files?

Yep,I shoot in raw.You are thinking in Visible light Matthew,here is another image with the custom WB
as shot,no tweaking.Straight from camera with a 665nm conversion.

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #92577 by Shadowfixer1
Looks like infra red if I'm not mistaken. I think that is the cause of the confusion.
12 years 10 months ago #92581 by MLKstudios
OK. My bad. The first didn't appear that far off to me. NOW I get it!

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #92583 by Shadowfixer1
Thought I was right.
12 years 10 months ago #92587 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: OK. My bad. The first didn't appear that far off to me. NOW I get it!

Ok,no problem.Thanks for link-up.

12 years 10 months ago #92591 by robbie

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Looks like infra red if I'm not mistaken. I think that is the cause of the confusion.

:agree:
BUT...
Thought I was right.
Doesn`t cut it for an Ir Expert like yourself.

12 years 10 months ago #92605 by MLKstudios
Now I know it is Ir, I can see why you choose those colors. Also, you said THREE images stitched? I'd like to see the FULL size version some day.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024