Bayonet mount lenses on a Canon DSLR Screw Mount

10 years 2 weeks ago #356893 by Phillip-Bennett
I Just purchased my Canon T3i, and while I am having fun with my  kit lens (18-55mm) as well as my zoom lens (75-300mm f/4-5.6III lens) I am looking to pick up some older used lenses to use with my camera. I am finding a lot of older used lenses, however they are all bayonet mounts.  Is there a conversion ring that will allow these older mounts to mount to my Dslr? 

Thank you

Phil

10 years 2 weeks ago #356935 by Screamin Scott
Your subject line is a bit confusing.  Are you asking about using older Canon lenses on a Canon DSLR ? Or just any other mount lenses on it ? Your Canon DSLR ( and older Canon manual focus cameras excluding the interchangeable lens rangefinders) are all EOS mount or breech lock mount, not screw mount.... There are adapters that will allow you to use older manual focus lenses on your camera, but there will be limitations... I shoot Nikon, so maybe a Canon user will chime in to give you a little more guidance...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #388701 by Hans-Enklaar
I'm not quite sure what you mean. I think I am interested in the same thing and have a few FD lenses I would like to use on my Canon 60D. I have ordered a $30 converter from e-bay and will have a play with that when I receive this. There is other information around have a look here. [url=http

Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #388739 by effron
This could help..(Nikon makes things so much simpler...:S )
lenshero.com/canon-lens-compatibility

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 8 months ago #389332 by Joves

effron wrote: This could help..(Nikon makes things so much simpler...:S )
lenshero.com/canon-lens-compatibility

:rofl:
Yeah no doubt, which is why I use them.
I am guessing that you are wanting to use screw mount lenses on your Canon with an adapter. I would venture to say no it is not possible. Or if it is possible using them would be such a pain that it would take the fun out of it.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024