TAMRON SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2

4 years 11 months ago #637616 by Iowa_Gent
Just wondering if any of you have used the  TAMRON SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens.  I want to up from a 75-300mm to this lens since when taking pictures of bird I not able to zoom in enough.  I heard great reviews on the lens and will be using it on a Nikon D7200.  Since it is a crop sensor camera that would up the zoom some too.  

If you have used the lens let me know about it.  

Thank you 
Tom

4 years 11 months ago #638608 by Cathy Kadolph
That lens get's very good reviews.  The cool part is on your Nikon, you have a crop factor of 1.5x which means this lens will be essentially a 225-900mm!  

Go get your moon shots! 

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #638724 by Iowa_Gent
I been seeing those reviews and thought that is one lens I want to save up for.   I was thinking I would get the crop factor.  I would love to have a nice picture of the moon with it.  

thank you 

4 years 11 months ago #638727 by Iowa_Gent
This was couple geese on a marsh I got a picture with my Nikon 70-300mm lens.   The first one is the RAW photograph I got with the Nikon.  They were moving away from me and the water was rough. So they were bobbing up and down. It was hard to hold focus on them perfect.  But I hope with practice I get better at that.  The second one I cropped the photograph and played with the hues in it.  But still not in perfect focus. They weren't that far away so want to be able to zoom in closer and think the Tamron 150-600mm would help some. 

Tom

Attachments:
4 years 11 months ago #638731 by garyrhook

Cathy Kadolph wrote: That lens get's very good reviews.  The cool part is on your Nikon, you have a crop factor of 1.5x which means this lens will be essentially a 225-900mm!

Gah! The crop factor doesn't change the lens. It's the view angle that changes, and if you have more pixel density in your sensor, then you might get some more detail.

The problem with that conversion crap is that it's relative to a 35mm (full) frame. Which many people have zero experience with. So it doesn't matter at all when you're looking at a lens.

The longer lens will have longer reach, but you're going to want a monopod or tripod. You won't be able to hold it steady enough without assistance.

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #638745 by Iowa_Gent
Thanks  I understand the ratio but  it is confusing to understand with one saying this and another saying that.    I do plan to use a monopod and tripod when I am shooting at lower shutter speeds to help keep the camera steady.  I just have to get out and practice taking pictures.  Most pro wildlife photographers say they only get 1 or 2 picture out of 10  they can use. Birds and animals don't  respond when you ask them to pose. 

4 years 11 months ago #639680 by the four vignettes
The Tamron 150-600 often gets compared to the Nikon 200-500.  That might be worth at least looking into. 

4 years 11 months ago #639901 by Iowa_Gent
thank you if I sell well at the flea market I might buy one for myself 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024