Long telephoto lens for Sony A mount A99 or A77

4 months 6 days ago #691043 by photomichael
Does anyone know of a place I can obtain the subject lens, preferably by Sigma or Tamron?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 5 days ago #691068 by garyrhook
Let me google that for you:

sony a mount lenses

quickly turned up B&H Photo. Lenses for crop-sensor Sony DSLRs would be found at anywhere lenses are sold, I should think.

Photo Comments

4 months 5 days ago #691086 by photomichael
Thanks very much, but I have Googled myself crazy. I have looked
through Amazon, eBay, and every other site that purports to sell these lenses with no luck, except for Amazon. I have looked for new and used. I was just hoping someone in this forum might have one they are trying to sell. If I used Canon or Nikon, I could buy one of these used for about half the price of new, but alas and alack ...........

Photo Comments

4 months 5 days ago #691094 by garyrhook

photomichael wrote: I have looked for new and used. I was just hoping someone in this forum might have one they are trying to sell. If I used Canon or Nikon, I could buy one of these used for about half the price of new, but alas and alack ...........

That's why I pointed to B&H photo. They list 72 lenses on their site . (That's a link to the search results, by the way). What is it that isn't working for you?

It might also help to clarify your question with a desired focal length. 300mm? 400mm? I found a Tamron 70-200 on eBay very quickly. There were many choices of all lengths.

Your other option is to take your loss and dump the Sony system. If what you want isn't available, does it make sense to stick with it? It doesn't look like there's much choice in lenses, meaning the system wasn't successful. Unfortunate that you bought into it.

Photo Comments

4 months 5 days ago #691102 by tgkelly
You could also search for Minolta Glass. I used that when I had that system. Some very good older glass available.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you need some stocking stuffer ideas for your photography friends (or non-photography friends, for that matter...) check out this list of awesome Holdfast products.

Nov 23, 2020

With these holiday promo ideas for photographers, you'll get some solid ideas for boosting business as 2020 comes to a close.

Nov 23, 2020

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020