Photos not sharp

3 years 6 months ago #697883 by spartanka
I recently bought Tamron 24-70g2 for Nikon (I use d850) and took it for a test ride. I shot mostly portraits, but I also took some landscape and flower shoots and the the result was just horrible. It seems that almost nothing was in focus, the images were foggy/blurry. I shot at 24mm as well at 70mm and there was no difference. Aperture was at least f4 and I increased the number to f7 and still not in focus.
I know they look ok at first glance but when zoomed in little bit you can clearly see that nothing is sharp. The problem I have is I mostly shoot portraits and the reason I got this lens is to shoot fully body, couples, a bit of landscape etc. I am usually never far away from a model and with these settings I just don't understand what am I doing wrong? For instance if I shoot the a bride I want face as well as her dress to be in focus. I shot single focus mode. I just assumed that the lens that costs $1700 would be sharper/better than my kit lenses.

Attachments:
3 years 6 months ago #697884 by Screamin Scott
With such small images (651 X 650) and no EXIF data on each, it isn't possible to see the issues much less comment on them...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #697889 by Nikon Shooter
Predictable results is the reason I only shoot with Nikon lenses.
This reason keeps me away from getting qualified knowledge
on third party gear… but I know the D850.

I believe I see a back focus issue here. As always, that body will
not forgive any latitude in the focus area. Consequently, my sug-
gestion would be to perform an AF Fine Tune to pair both piece
in a coherent combo.

I have 16 lenses that all MUST be paired to my 5 bodies to work
at that level. 16 X 5 = 80… have a good time! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #697890 by Nikon Shooter

Screamin Scott wrote: With such small images (651 X 650) and no EXIF data on each, it isn't possible to see the issues much less comment on them...

In this case, Scotty, the only "pertinent info" could be the used
aperture. As I see it, it is irrelevant because sharp is sharp what
ever the aperture and the consequent Dof.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024