Falcon vs Hakutatz vs ANDYCINE Vlogger Boling

4 years 6 months ago #662254 by J Hemingway
I've been after a couple RGB LED lights and had narrowed down my search to Falcon and the ANDYCINE Vlogger Boling, then a friend had forwarded me a Kickstarted to some company called Hakutatz  kickstarter.com/projects/hakutatzusa/hakutatz-pocket-size-rgb-aw-led-light  
The price is pretty much the same, CRI is a little less with the Hakutatz, but still looks like a decent light. I couldn't find a website for this company though.  

Any thoughts on these lights?

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662343 by Tim Wiener
I have the Boling, and would recommend, and heard of the Falcon, can't speak about the other brand.  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662447 by J Hemingway

Tim Wiener wrote: I have the Boling, and would recommend, and heard of the Falcon, can't speak about the other brand.  

How many hours of run time are you getting from that light?

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662688 by HakutatzUSA
if you 100% about 1:30 min, lowest 10% around 10 hrs. the main difference is price and has a free phone app that controls one or multiple lights at the same time. so you don't have to run to the light pressing button at the light, you can see the result at your camera screen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Mike
4 years 6 months ago #662692 by CatherineW
I'm pretty sure aputure light just launched a new light that does what those do.  Might be worth looking at.

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662710 by Overread
Are any of these weatherproof?

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662751 by HakutatzUSA
none of them are waterproof yet. spec difference:
there is a brightness difference, according to another forum. Aputure have 12 RGB LED, Looks like 12 WW LED too. Aputure MC claims the light has an output of 1000 lux at a distance of 0.3m (0.98ft) 
Hakutatz has 152 LEDs ( 40 White LED, 40 AmberLED, 72 RGB LED ) lot more than Aperture. 
O.5m  1480 Lux further and brighter the same as P1. Kickstarter will Ship about med Nov, nothing hear about Aputure since April. Boling BL-P1 on the market but it can't control from the phone. 
if you want to control lighting remotely during the middle of filming  with good light as today only Hakutatz

The following user(s) said Thank You: J Hemingway
4 years 6 months ago #662763 by J Hemingway
Well, this weekend I have some thinking to do!  Thank you all for the 411!

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662827 by Zach Mosher
Can you run the light at the same time USB charger is plugged into the light ?

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662829 by HakutatzUSA
Yes you can, thanks for USB-C

4 years 6 months ago #662882 by KENT MELTON
Damn, is anyone else noticing how prices on LED lights have come down to Earth in the last few years?  

Now actually here is a question, in terms of the the actual LED's that make up these lights.  Is there a difference between LED's used in one light to another?  

Photo Comments
4 years 6 months ago #662961 by Sue Bidwell
I have one from Falcon, it's nice however the battery doesn't last long.  

Photo Comments
4 years 5 months ago #662980 by HakutatzUSA
about the LED, difference manufactory may have different LED, even though the same LED, it's may slightly different color output. Due to the setting of the program, a circuit board, and the environment. just like apple and android. Color of light may change the object color. as R&D beside in the lab, there is no definition.
My personal point of view is how's convenient of the user case and functional. I rather stand behind the screen and adjust the color from the phone, it will show instantly how you want the color to be. Or you want to set at tight space that you don't want to move around, uses as backlight or product photo. My Philosophy is bought it first enjoy it first, if you wait. won't for free, only behind the trend, go get in front of the line. it's add on lighting when you miss the golden Hour. The best light is the light you willing to use. those are

4 years 5 months ago #662981 by HakutatzUSA
hi Sue Bidwell, will it light 100% full power when it's charging?

4 years 5 months ago #663040 by Stanly

HakutatzUSA wrote: about the LED, difference manufactory may have different LED, even though the same LED, it's may slightly different color output. Due to the setting of the program, a circuit board, and the environment. just like apple and android. Color of light may change the object color. as R&D beside in the lab, there is no definition.
My personal point of view is how's convenient of the user case and functional. I rather stand behind the screen and adjust the color from the phone, it will show instantly how you want the color to be. Or you want to set at tight space that you don't want to move around, uses as backlight or product photo. My Philosophy is bought it first enjoy it first, if you wait. won't for free, only behind the trend, go get in front of the line. it's add on lighting when you miss the golden Hour. The best light is the light you willing to use. those are

I was just on B&H and couldn't find your light.  I jumped over to Adorama, and nothing.   Did I miss something?  

Let me know please.  

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024