How do I attach my Glow Softbox to my Streaklight 360?

1 month 1 week ago #672780 by ContactAxiom
I'm at the forums' mercy.

Adorama has not been helpful.

I purchased a Glow EZ Lock Deep Parabolic Quick Softbox [#A] with the intention of mounting it to my Flashpoint StreakLight 360 [#B] to replace the reflector [#C] that came with the 360.

I thought I would need to replace the speed ring that came with the softbox [#D] so I then purchased a Glow Beauty Dish Adapter Ring for Flashpoint Mount [#E], thinking that since the Streaklight is Flashpoint that it would work. It mounts to the softbox just fine but doesn't mount to the streaklight.

I was then led to a Glow Adapter to Lumedyne, Streaklight, Evolv [#F]. It mounts to the streaklight just fine but doesn't mount to the softbox. I see on its rim that it has 3 main holes and then a bigger 4th hole, but the circumference of the ring is too small to fit on its own directly into the softbox. I tried using either of the speed rings that I had to "adapt" the adapter in, but since there's no place on the rings to screw the adapter in, it just sat in there unfastened and loose and won't work that way.

Do I have the right parts and am attaching things incorrectly? Or is there a different part that I need?
Make: Google
Model: Pixel 2 XL
ISO: 187
Aperture: f/1.8
Shutter speed: 16671/1000000 sec
Captured: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 10:06am

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #672782 by Pete Franko
Did you speak with people at Adorama?  I'm pretty sure you need this:  https://www.adorama.com/glbdsm02pro.html?origterm=glow+s2+round+flash+s-type+bowens+mount+bracket+for+round+head+flashes+(godox+s2)&searchredirect=true

I might be wrong, however that is a Bowens mount adapter which matches your Glow EZ soft box.  

Photo Comments

1 month 1 week ago #672785 by Adam S
+1 seems like you are missing a bracket.  

I was just watching this video, I might need to pick up one of these, it looks like a fast set up.

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The holy trinity of landscape photography lenses includes three zooms - a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. If you can fill out your kit with these lenses, you'll be sitting pretty!

Feb 20, 2020

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

Making great videos requires that you have the capability to record superb sound. Get critical audio recording tips in this tutorial on audio tips for videographers.

Feb 19, 2020

With these urban photography tips you'll have a better idea of the gear you need and the compositional choices to make in order to get the best shots.

Feb 18, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020