Would like some feedback please

12 years 7 months ago #131550 by shazz2366
I dont have a macro lens, but have been trying different methods with for standard lens, even set up studio in my bathroom, thats wher the mushrooms where, in a potplant. So any help would be good also have just got lightroom so practising technics.

Also read the Australian Photography mag about macro, one photographer uses extension tubes, what are peoples opinions on these?

Below are 2 of my photos of mushroom and one on orchid, i did the other day.

thanks

Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #131632 by steveheap
They are pretty good for someone without any specialized gear. I think you are starting to see the problems of macro though - the difficulty of focusing exactly where you want and the very shallow depth of field.

I originally wrote a post on my blog about the different ways you could take macro shots , and then there is a post on this site that I recall about the difficulties around getting everything in focus .

I had a lot of fun with extension tubes, but finally took the plunge and bought a proper macro lens. It is a lot easier to have one lens that focuses from infinity down to a few inches, and the quality is really good as well, but you will get a lot of enjoyment out of the simpler solutions.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

12 years 7 months ago #132023 by shazz2366
Thankyou , for taking the time to help me out. I am starting to really get interested in Macro, so will take a look at those articles and will keep trying.

12 years 7 months ago #132085 by steveheap
I hope you enjoy it. I've only been doing macro for a month or two and it is amazing what you can take. My first photo gallery on this site was a collection of macro shots I took at home . That may give you some ideas as well.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

12 years 7 months ago #132411 by lonehero83
Hello, I was searching about the same issue you are mentioning and I found a very nice video and you can find it in my blog Macro
I tried it and I really end up with great result
hope it's gonna be useful :D
12 years 7 months ago #132472 by steveheap
Yes, you can also buy simple adapters that screw into the filter ring on the lens and have a normal lens mount for connecting to the camera. It is probably better with an old lens (second hand store?) that has a manual aperture so you can adjust the aperture once everything is in focus. The problem with the approach in the video is that the aperture is small and fixed, and so focus will be hard to get exactly right, and the image will be pretty dark during focusing as well.

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024