Velvet Dew

5 years 3 weeks ago #634075 by stevendillonphoto
Velvet Dew is from my Flora collection and was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC.  To achieve the sharpness across the entire stem, I used focus stacking.  So, this is a rare case where it actually worked good enough for me to keep the result.  Most of the focus stacking attempts I've done produced images that have way too many stack artifacts (e.g., out of focus areas that should have been nicely sharp since in at least one of the images they were).  And, I know that those things can be corrected manually, but I find myself questioning the value of investing that much time and effort into something.  For now, I'm going to wait until the software gets better before I try it again.

https://www.stevendillonphoto.com

5 years 3 weeks ago #634076 by Stefan-Olsson
nice shot.......the colors of nature always blows me away.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevendillonphoto
5 years 3 weeks ago #634138 by Suni Park
This is beautiful! The details and the colors are awesome! 

5 years 2 weeks ago #634303 by Rohan Tushar
The details of the dew to the flower is so on point. The soft tones of the colors are very pleasing to the eyes. 

5 years 2 weeks ago #634534 by Monica Martinez
This is really nice! I like the angle of the shot and how crisp the colors are. Well done for this! 

5 years 2 weeks ago #634926 by Sara Miles
I just love the colors of this shot. The flower is incredible and details of the droplets are complimenting very well to the flower. 

5 years 1 week ago #635536 by Kyle Johnson
Really good macro shot. The velvet color is so attractive. Is this in your garden? 

5 years 1 week ago #635826 by Hannah Williams
Really good flower photo. Nice lighting and so attractive. Vibrant colors. 

5 years 1 week ago #636146 by Joshua Atkins
The brokeh in the background made it even more a standout! 

5 years 1 week ago #636440 by stevendillonphoto

Kyle Johnson wrote: Really good macro shot. The velvet color is so attractive. Is this in your garden? 

Nope, this was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC.  They have a couple of very nice gardens on the grounds.  This is from their big, back garden.

4 years 11 months ago #638136 by Stephen Graham
I really like the the contrast between subject and the background. Good vibrant colors!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024