Splash Photography

4 years 3 months ago #669319 by [email protected]
Ive been wanting to get into this as I think it is a very artistic and creative way to express photography skills.  I wanted top just show this one photo to let people know that with luck , you can capture some cool images.  There are expensive( and not so expensive) devices and setups to help create these unique images but to just start right out of the gate with a bowl of water , a drip bag and your camera, with a little luck the images can be found.  Now I admit, this is a far cry from great composition, clarity, color etc but I spent literally 5 minutes setting this up.  Sony A7RII 28-75mm Tamaron ( shot at 75mm) 
f/4 1/1000sec. ISO 12,800.  Form Christmas , Santa is bringing me a flash, splash drip kit and MIOPS smart trigger so I expect the image quality to change drastically.  But just wanted to share.  Please don't beat me up for how bad this photo is...I know it is but I'm just amazed at what is happening in our world every day that can only be captured by high speed photography.  

Marc
Make: SONY
Model: ILCE-7RM2
Lens: E 28-75mm F2.8-2.8
ISO: 12800
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Captured: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 13:13pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 3 months ago #669652 by Monica Martinez
This is not bad at all. Good job! It can improve in sharpness but this is good. 

4 years 3 months ago #669791 by Breanna Ellington
I think the Fuchs here is a bit off. 

4 years 3 months ago #669988 by Sara Miles
Nice colors here though! 

4 years 3 months ago #670320 by Suni Park
high speed shots are really interesting for me. Well done for this. 

4 years 3 months ago #670630 by Monica Martinez
Nice colors! How did you manage it? 

4 years 2 months ago #671488 by [email protected]
Thanks for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.  Well, as I said in the first post I had asked Santa to bring me some goodies for macro photography....and he did!!  My images , I think have improved. Here are a couple that I really like( don't misunderstand, I must have taken over 500 shots to get these.(thank goodness for digital)  I do have a question for anyone here that has experience with splash/ collision images.  In the second image, I know the stem is from the first drop, and the umbrella( that's what I call it) is from the second drop hitting the rebounding first drop, but the round bulge in the middle....is that still part of second drop, or is it a 3rd drop or is it the head of the first drop rebounding and pushing up thru the second drop( the other white drop must have been a stray , because I was only trying for 3).  Its very cool , but would love to understand the stage that it's in.  The first image is may favorite and I do think it demonstrates a 3rd collision( you can see a small crown forming.
Thanks for any input.
Marc
Lens: FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
ISO: 200
Aperture: f/13.0
Shutter speed: 3 s
Captured: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 13:57pm
ISO: 200
Aperture: f/18.0
Shutter speed: 2 s
Captured: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 16:13pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 2 months ago #671549 by Kelly Emery
Wow! The 2 new photos are incredible. Sharper and more vibrant colors. good job! 

The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]
4 years 2 months ago #672045 by stevendillonphoto
The first one of the new batch is really cool. Good job.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]
4 years 1 month ago #676165 by [email protected]
This little guy was a pretty good model allowing me 6 refocused shots on a rail then stacked in Helicon.
Not really much effect from stacking( at f/6.3) but giving me some practice.

ISO: 125
Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Captured: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:59pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 years 3 weeks ago #678372 by Hannah Williams
This is awesome! 

3 years 11 months ago #681087 by [email protected]
Mating Crane flies on magnolia bud.  Notice water droplet in lower left.
ISO: 160
Aperture: f/3.5
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Captured: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 7:34am

Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024