Any other Cat herders here ?

12 years 9 months ago #112902 by chasrich
Dogs are mans best friend...

Man is a cats best friend...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #112918 by Turbogirlie
Molly

Alfie

Amy

Fizz, RIP, passed Sept 4th 2010. Photo taken with a Motorola Pebble Mobile phone so not the best quality, but such a brilliant pose. Dearly missed but greatly loved.

Guys, if you don't like cats, don't read this thread! :)

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #112949 by eryck
wow nice cats people,

I dont have any pets since i live in an apartment and it would be cruel to the animal...but i have a little story.

when I was about 4 we lived in a triplex on the top floor and I used to hang around the fire escape in the back alley during this particular summer I noticed a group of older boys and payed some attention to what these older kids were doing. I couldnt believe my eyes and ears, they were sticking fire crackers in the butts of the cats. I became terrified at the thought and ran away. couple days later I saw a cat alone in the alley and picked him up, all I could think is if I let this cat go he might fall into the hands of those mean bullies. So I took the cat home, by the end of the month we had about 9 cats in the place. Now over 3 decades later I cant remember all the cats names or what we end up doing with them but cats were a big part of my life after that.
12 years 9 months ago #112962 by Turbogirlie

eryck wrote: wow nice cats people,

I dont have any pets since i live in an apartment and it would be cruel to the animal...but i have a little story.

when I was about 4 we lived in a triplex on the top floor and I used to hang around the fire escape in the back alley during this particular summer I noticed a group of older boys and payed some attention to what these older kids were doing. I couldnt believe my eyes and ears, they were sticking fire crackers in the butts of the cats. I became terrified at the thought and ran away. couple days later I saw a cat alone in the alley and picked him up, all I could think is if I let this cat go he might fall into the hands of those mean bullies. So I took the cat home, by the end of the month we had about 9 cats in the place. Now over 3 decades later I cant remember all the cats names or what we end up doing with them but cats were a big part of my life after that.

Eryck - I salute you! Whilst I understand that not everyone likes cats/dogs etc, why oh why is there the pathetic need to inflict harm?:angry: I'd do the same to them, I'm sorry. I know that it's not right, an eye for an eye, but some folk are complete scum. Hope that the cats had happy lives due to your kind actions.:)

Luv Turbogirlie

xxx

12 years 9 months ago #112969 by Trudehell

Stealthy Ninja wrote: My idea of a nightmare (I'm allergic).

Dogs I like.

I'm sorry for your allergy!

Broremann and Essa

Troika

Ronja

Soppen Sisu

A user friendly computer first requires a friendly user.
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #112976 by eryck

Turbogirlie wrote:

eryck wrote:
Eryck - I salute you! Whilst I understand that not everyone likes cats/dogs etc, why oh why is there the pathetic need to inflict harm?:angry: I'd do the same to them, I'm sorry. I know that it's not right, an eye for an eye, but some folk are complete scum. Hope that the cats had happy lives due to your kind actions.:)

it was a little overwhelming, I remember kittens being born under the bathtub (can you believe they used to make bath tubs with legs) it was pretty grose , mom made me clean it up since i had to learn responsibility. but they kept me company, cats were part of my wardobe in those years. when it became too much because of cost and space we gave a good share to the SPCA some went to grandpas farm and some to a few friends. We moved that summer and I remember the new place did not have 9 cats.

Why are people cruel? I dont know, whther is from depression or anger its definatly an illness.

one of my favorite movies is Disneys the Aristocats.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112982 by Dori

Why are people cruel? I dont know, whther is from depression or anger its definatly an illness.

That makes no sense to me either. When we got Jet from the SPCA I noticed that she had scars on both of her hind legs and a scar around her neck from a string or something when she was growing up. :angry: I was at an auction and saw a horse whose nose and jaw were dented from a halter when it was growing up. :angry:

I love the kitty in the sink!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 9 months ago #112983 by Baydream

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #112990 by Dori
I love the last one!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 9 months ago #112996 by Baydream

Dori wrote: I love the last one!!

That's our Missi (short for Mischief). The first was with our late Sassy but now, at 14, she has our other two Goldens to "mother".

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113391 by Stealthy Ninja
This thread makes me sneeze.
12 years 9 months ago #113455 by Rob pix4u2
We have all rescued cats- my wife was a "dog person" and I was a "cat person" so when we married we hadtwo dogs, two cats a cockatoo and fish. the dogs and original cats have all passed on due to age so we gathered new cats from the shelter and relatives and the outdoor cats from the neighborhood. My wife is now a self proclaimed "cat person ". Eventually we may have dogs again because we both love goldens but never another cockatoo-we gave her to a friend with another cockatoo so she would have a bird companion.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 8 months ago #119172 by Vespista
(\__/)
(='.'=)

:rofl:

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #119266 by photobod
This is my Eldest daughters cat Maisie

This is Kimmie my youngest daughters cat and one of Maisies kittens

this Is Bilbo and Ebony who are the best of friends and practise wrestling on the rug where Bilbo always wins, even tho Ebony is about 10 times his size now, niether one caught the bee.

This is one of my favourite photos of Bilbo

A little story: My daughter wanted a guinea pig but we had said no as we knew she wouldnt look after it and it would be down to us to do the cleaning out, so it came to xmas and Renae our eldest the one that wanted a guinea pig so desperately that she bought one as her mums xmas present, we let her keep it after we had stopped laughing at her ingeniuos plan.
Since then we have had a Rabbit called Liquorice yes he was black and got eaten by a fox who broke into his run, several more guinea pigs, endless amounts of hamsters, one got eaten by Pippa dee one of our cats that lived to the ripe old age of 19, about 4/5 cats over the years, A dog called Sherman who got attacked by another dog and unfortunately ran into the road and was run over.
Despite some of the heartache I still think pets are a great source of company and can be so entertaining shown by some of the photos on here, but cats will always remain my favourite as they are such wonderful creatures to watch and photograph.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #119284 by Rob pix4u2

Our latest adoptee Number Nine is the name and lives on the front porch in his own little custom built house

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024