Butterfly Wings

12 years 8 months ago #116685 by Shanna-Marie

Some may ask why I've chosen to post a butterfly who's wing has been broken. I watched in awe as this little creature traveled from flower to flower, I was inspired and comforted by the parallels of our journeys....
This is the first poem I ever wrote, as I watched her, these were the words that were born.

BUTTERFLY WINGS

Tattered and Torn, one might
think she'd perish
under stresses of elements
which batter fragile wings......

Within her there lies
strength like no other
Lifts up her Spirit
to soar above all things......

Delicate......So very gentle
her beauty still shines
Look beyond all her bruises
her Light is inside.

~ Shanna-Marie

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 8 months ago #116688 by Dori
:judge: Beautiful shot beautiful poetry! :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 8 months ago #116706 by chasrich
Very nice. You need to combine the two in a graphic composition. For a first poem you might have missed your calling - despite the fact that you are an accomplished photographer. :judge: for both efforts.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #116711 by steveheap
:agree:

Great shots and feelings!

Steve

My Stock Photo Blog
www.backyardsilver.com

12 years 8 months ago #116720 by fotozone
Both the photo and the poem are beautiful.
12 years 8 months ago #116753 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you all so much, I appreciate your kind words. What do you have in mind Charles, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that cause I don't know what that would be.....

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

12 years 8 months ago #116755 by Baydream
WOW. That is inspiring. Dewitt Jones is doing a "Celebrate Life" series that is very similar to this. I think you have found an inner beauty and a way to let the world share.
Thank you.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #116769 by mj~shutterbugg
:agree: :judge: Both are beautiful.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 8 months ago #116775 by Cre8tivefix
Very touching and well done. :thumbsup:

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #116776 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you all so much. John, that really sweet. It seems that words were trapped inside for so long but as soon as I started writing they all came tumbling out. Now they just keep coming and if I don't put them down on paper I don't get any rest. It works well with my photography I think.... it's What I "See."

12 years 8 months ago #116791 by chasrich

Shanna-Marie wrote: Thank you all so much, I appreciate your kind words. What do you have in mind Charles, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that cause I don't know what that would be.....

What I had in mind was a full page for the poem and illustrations. The first stanza is left justified with a illustration of the butterfly on the right half of the page. The middle stanza is right justified and another similar illustration on the left margin. The last stanza resides in the middle of the page with vines and flowers growing up the left and right margins. The rules are yours to make up and this guideline is just to open your eyes to what might be some possibilities. The concept of framing those beautiful words with the images and images framed by those haunting words is irresistible to my eye.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #116795 by Shadowfixer1
Nice image and poem. They need to be joined somehow.
12 years 8 months ago #116815 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you so much Randy! :)
Wow, Thank you Charles, that sounds Awesome. How would you like to create that for me? I take the pics and write the words but I'm awful at creating what you're talking about. My editing skills are a bit limited I'm afraid to say.... I don't even know if it's O.K. to ask you to do that but I Would be grateful. Let me know please. :)

12 years 8 months ago #116823 by robbie
Beautiful and sentimental mood on both counts,hope you make a wall print like those 'inspirational'
prints.I really admire your images.

12 years 8 months ago #116831 by Shanna-Marie
Awww, thank you so much Robbie, you are very kind. :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024