Butterfly Wings

12 years 8 months ago #116834 by MajorMagee
Reminded me of this shot I took back in June.

We noticed the one winged Bumblebee struggling to get around to the flowers yesterday morning.

12 years 8 months ago #116998 by Shanna-Marie
Oh Dear..... the Will to survive is amazingly strong isn't it? Thanks for sharing your photo! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 8 months ago #117728 by Joiemagic
Nicely done, on both the photo and the poem... :thumbsup:

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 8 months ago #117744 by Baydream

chasrich wrote:

Shanna-Marie wrote: Thank you all so much, I appreciate your kind words. What do you have in mind Charles, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that cause I don't know what that would be.....

What I had in mind was a full page for the poem and illustrations. The first stanza is left justified with a illustration of the butterfly on the right half of the page. The middle stanza is right justified and another similar illustration on the left margin. The last stanza resides in the middle of the page with vines and flowers growing up the left and right margins. The rules are yours to make up and this guideline is just to open your eyes to what might be some possibilities. The concept of framing those beautiful words with the images and images framed by those haunting words is irresistible to my eye.

Charles - Did you have something like this is mind, except with two different photos?

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117891 by chasrich
Yes John. That is exactly what I had in mind. I have produced something using just the words and photo as materials. It was satisfying to work with and I've sent the results to Shanna-Marie in email. She tells me she wants to post it so others can see so I'll hold off until Sunday when she is back in town.

Meanwhile if there are any more designers out there with an idea of how to present this poem and the photo that inspired it - you have til Sunday to make it happen. We could offer as first prize a tattoo of a butterfly to be placed where ever you like... Personally I would choose Dave's back right where a tramp stamp would go. :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #117908 by DestinDave

chasrich wrote: Meanwhile if there are any more designers out there with an idea of how to present this poem and the photo that inspired it - you have til Sunday to make it happen. We could offer as first prize a tattoo of a butterfly to be placed where ever you like... Personally I would choose Dave's back right where a tramp stamp would go. :rofl:

It will have to go above the tramp stamp that's already there... :whistle: :whistle:

"Butterfly Wings"

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #117912 by chasrich
I like that font... The fonts I tried were either unreadable or too ornate. I was looking for a casual script. I can see I will have to work on mine if it is to compete at this level. Nice job Dave.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #117936 by Baydream

chasrich wrote: I like that font... The fonts I tried were either unreadable or too ornate. I was looking for a casual script. I can see I will have to work on mine if it is to compete at this level. Nice job Dave.

I just did that one quickly in Word. Other I have done have had "negative space" where the photo and text had minimal overlap.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #118101 by chasrich
Give it another go if you like John. Shanna-Marie will be thrilled when she gets back.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #118124 by Baydream

Used Picasa, soft focus to blur flowers then added text.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #118131 by chasrich
Good job... And where shall we place your butterfly tattoo should you win? :judge: :thumbsup:

12 years 8 months ago #118133 by Baydream

chasrich wrote: Good job... And where shall we place your butterfly tattoo should you win? :judge: :thumbsup:

Bend ov... never mind. :banana:

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #118186 by Dori
:rofl:

All of these are beautiful!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #119357 by chasrich
Shanna-Marie is back... bumping this up for her to see. Welcome back Shanna-Marie.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #119363 by Shanna-Marie
OMG...... I can't believe what you guys have been doing while I was away. Thank you for the "Welcome back" Rich, this is sweet. I love what John & Dave created, Wow, you are all so talented ! Thanks for waiting for me to get back Rich, I'll post the one you made for me as soon as I can get it uploaded. I honestly love them all, and am deeply touched that you guys would take the time to do this. Thank you Soooo much!!! :)
Ohhh, I really like the font that Dave & John used too! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024