Please help me with colour (colourblind photographer)

12 years 7 months ago #125376 by icepics
Looks like B&W to me too. To the OP - are there some colors you can see better than others?

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125500 by Scotty

icepics wrote: Looks like B&W to me too. To the OP - are there some colors you can see better than others?

Is your monitor calibrated?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125530 by butterflygirl921

Scotty wrote:

icepics wrote: Looks like B&W to me too. To the OP - are there some colors you can see better than others?

yes peoples monitors are calibrated especially when its several of us saying its in b&w.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #125536 by Scotty

butterflygirl921 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

yes peoples monitors are calibrated especially when its several of us saying its in b&w.

i see your point! :agree: :cheers:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125550 by icepics
What's involved in calibrating a monitor?? I haven't noticed it except with this photo that looks B&W rather than color.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #125555 by MLKstudios
It IS black and white. However, x-rite makes the best calibrating tools. Used to be called GretagMacbeth and based in Switzerland, who are famous around the globe for their printing skills. Their close neighbor, Liechtenstein is too. Just ask any stamp collector. They print some of the prettiest stamps.

www.xrite.com/home.aspx

This was a tool every color pro owned:

www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Gretag...WJBg&ved=0CCwQ8wIwAQ

We used them when printing color film. x-rite makes them now.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #125586 by Baydream
Is that pink or purple? :toocrazy:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125588 by chasrich
It is black and white ONLY in the sense that there are no other colors present. Still your monitor might be out of cal...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #125590 by Scotty

chasrich wrote: It is black and white ONLY in the sense that there are no other colors present. Still your monitor might be out of cal...

Correct.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125615 by Shanna-Marie
Gosh, it looks perfect to me....;)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #125715 by icepics
I see Munkis.

Pantone I'm familar with, other than that.... nm just move Shanna Marie's response to the front of the line to answer the original question. I see what Chas is saying, but what exactly is calibrating? I don't get why some of us are seeing the photo without the color and others are seeing it in color.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125744 by Baydream

icepics wrote: I see Munkis.

Pantone I'm familar with, other than that.... nm just move Shanna Marie's response to the front of the line to answer the original question. I see what Chas is saying, but what exactly is calibrating? I don't get why some of us are seeing the photo without the color and others are seeing it in color.

It's a Wizard of Oz thing. Are you in Kansas? :whistle:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125750 by icepics
No, those Munkis weren't flying.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125753 by Baydream

icepics wrote: No, those Munkis weren't flying.

Good name for a rock band.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #125777 by Colourful Photography
I don't know why you're all saying it's black and white. There's a lot of green there (so people tell me) and I definitely see orange (well I think so).

I'm colour blind, but it doesn't keep me from exploring the wonderfully colourful world around us. :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024