How Can I Make These Better??!! Help Please!!

10 years 2 weeks ago #136421 by J. Hansen

Looked at tons of postings yesterday and tried to apply to my photos. I think I got it in some others seem to be a little off but don't know how to fix yet. Haven't messed with any yet these are straight from the camera. I think I need new glasses!! LOL!!! Been trying to pay attention to what is flashed at the bottom of my screen so I have an idea what settings the camera is choosing. Any and all advice welcome. Have more pictures in my album but don't know how to post a link to it. Last photo did manage to play with contrast when I accidently hit a button and there it was!! Now if I only knew which button I hit! LOL!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #136437 by icepics
You sound like me learning to use a digital camera, hit a button and go, oh, is that what that does?? LOL My problem is most digital cameras are modeled after autofocus film cameras and I've used all manual cameras (but I finally found one that makes some sense to me).

Anyway, it looks like you'd benefit from learning more about how to frame shots. The color is lovely and vivid and I see what you're going for. The first one needs the brown center of a flower either more in the picture or more out of it, seems more of a distraction. The second one is an interesting perspective but either needs to be shot in closer or something to either get that odd stem to the right out of the frame or more of it in the photo. The third one has a nice background w/that fence post or whatever against the wooden wall, but it looks a little off, like maybe a little crooked in the way it's in your photo. If that makes sense.

Sharon
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. Hansen

10 years 2 weeks ago #136478 by J. Hansen

C:\fakepath\IMG_0060.JPG
Okay did a little cropping and straightening the fence line. Better??? Added an extra one what do you think???

Attachments:

10 years 2 weeks ago #136479 by J. Hansen

Okay did a little cropping and straightening the fence line. Better??? Added an extra one what do you think???

Attachments:

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #136480 by MLKstudios
My old friend! Vincent, where have you been!?!?

Sharon... 1870's. shhhhhh

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

10 years 2 weeks ago #136495 by J. Hansen
AAAha! Photo code! Now I will have to spend all afternoon trying to crack it!! B) :lol:

10 years 2 weeks ago #136521 by icepics
Art history, you know, that starry starry night guy..... altho I'm drawing a blank at the 1870s, give me time... These eem better, esp. the one w/the fence-like post behind the flowers, it really pops now.

Sharon
Photo Comments

10 years 2 weeks ago #136522 by MLKstudios
Sharon,

We were talking about the '70s earlier. Vincent goes back to the 1870's.

:)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #136524 by MLKstudios

J. Hansen wrote: AAAha! Photo code! Now I will have to spend all afternoon trying to crack it!! B) :lol:

The impressionist painter, Vincent Van Gogh, was well known for his sunflower paintings.

I thought it would be an easy one. ;)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

10 years 2 weeks ago #136586 by icepics
Boy is my art history rusty, I thought Van Gogh was more recent than that. But that was my starry starry night reference, that song was supposed to refer to him.

Sharon
Photo Comments

10 years 2 weeks ago #136595 by Baydream
Back to the subject. Your photo editor displays EXIF data that shows what settings were used on the shot.
Your edits look really great.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

10 years 2 weeks ago #136637 by chasrich
I like em all... :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you aren't sure what the difference between photo restoration and photo retouching is, check out this quick explainer guideline.

Sep 20, 2021

With these accessories for micro four-thirds cameras, you'll be able to improve your workflow and expand the functionality of your camera.

Sep 17, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021

Understanding what to charge for commercial real estate photography services is paramount to your success - now and in the future.

Sep 14, 2021