Leave the Leaf or Not?? Suggestions? Help Please!

10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #139319 by J. Hansen
cropped even more, better? Come to mama little bee!

original photo

cropped just a little

cropped a lot

Wasn't tall enough to get the picture whithout the bottom leaf. With it being out of focus thought maybe I could get away with it. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to make it better. Thank you so much. Tried to crop it some but not so sure it works for me.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #139366 by John Landolfi
I would use a Content Aware fill to get rid of the leaf parts over blue background, and clean it up with the Clone Stamp or Healing Brush( if you have all that, thai is) If you don't use CS5, you could try some careful cloning, first making a selection around the part of the leaf you want to eliminate.
I don't think any of your crops work, and I'm commenting on your"just a little" You should include the original...:)

Photo Comments

10 years 1 week ago #139375 by icepics
I like the original or the slight crop... but are you talking about the leaf to the right or the one under the flower in the foreground? The one in front seems to frame the flower, but the one to the right isn't doing a whole lot for the photo - that would probably be easy enough to crop the right side of the photo. But you'd probably need to see how it looks since any cropping affects the entire composition.

If I want to crop a photo I usually try to do it a little and if I take some 'off the bottom' for example then I crop a little along the side too, to keep the way I framed the shot intact. I usually frame a shot the way I want it unless there's something in the way that I can't move myself to reframe it, or can't get any closer, etc.

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you aren't sure what the difference between photo restoration and photo retouching is, check out this quick explainer guideline.

Sep 20, 2021

With these accessories for micro four-thirds cameras, you'll be able to improve your workflow and expand the functionality of your camera.

Sep 17, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021

Understanding what to charge for commercial real estate photography services is paramount to your success - now and in the future.

Sep 14, 2021