sibirian tiger

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #140427 by helge

Canon 50D with 70-200mm USM IS L II

Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #140436 by Dori
:judge: Beautiful shot of a beautiful animal. Too bad about the bars tho...

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

The following user(s) said Thank You: helge
12 years 7 months ago #140444 by butterflygirl921
:agree: i like the shot!

12 years 7 months ago #140468 by helge
When I took the photo in our local zoo I thought who sad this whole situation is for this tiger. It seemed to me that this tiger has become crazy after years of living in a cage as he was walking always the same way around in his cage :-(

12 years 7 months ago #140511 by chasrich
What a gorgeous beast. I love the photo and the bars do add a sort of sad story to the animals portrait. Just a hint on making the bars less noticeable is to use a more open aperture and if possible get closer to the bars to increase the effect. Another thought might be to cut a hole in the fence - take your shot then run like crazy as the tiger finds his freedom... :rofl:

:judge: :thumbsup: :goodpost:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #140517 by rmeyer7
Beautiful shot! :judge:

12 years 7 months ago #140519 by photobod

chasrich wrote: What a gorgeous beast. I love the photo and the bars do add a sort of sad story to the animals portrait. Just a hint on making the bars less noticeable is to use a more open aperture and if possible get closer to the bars to increase the effect. Another thought might be to cut a hole in the fence - take your shot then run like crazy as the tiger finds his freedom... :rofl:

:agree: :agree: :agree: on the tip and the freedom :rofl:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #140521 by Dori

photobod wrote:

chasrich wrote: What a gorgeous beast. I love the photo and the bars do add a sort of sad story to the animals portrait. Just a hint on making the bars less noticeable is to use a more open aperture and if possible get closer to the bars to increase the effect. Another thought might be to cut a hole in the fence - take your shot then run like crazy as the tiger finds his freedom... :rofl:

:agree: :agree: :agree: on the tip and the freedom :rofl:

:agree:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #140534 by helge
Thanks for the tip, Charles
I´ll keep it mind next time I visit this tiger :rofl: I wonder if you tried it before to cut a hole in the fence?
It sounds like you have experiences with such difficult cases :thumbsup:
Anyway, I´ll think about your tips as I go to bed now. Here in Germany it´s nearly midnight!
All the best to you, take care and many greetings
from Helge
(Braunschweig/Germany)

I´ll be online very soon ;-)

12 years 7 months ago #140574 by effron
I'll bet you could remove the bars in ten minutes, if you have CS5 and use the content aware. Nice photo anyway......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #141239 by photogem71
Beautiful animal!!

12 years 7 months ago #141242 by Shanna-Marie
Such a beautiful creature, I love these big cats. Several years ago I was able to hold a 2 week old Siberian Tiger for a few minutes....OMG, what an experience THAT was! (I've got pictures too) This is a beautiful shot Helge, thank you for sharing. :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #141248 by Towcestermark
A low f-stop and close to the fence would have taken the bars out of the shot. If he treads the same path every day, I would go back and take the shot again because you'll be happier with a proud Tiger prowling than a sad Tiger caged.

Content aware fill in Photoshop would also take them out, but as my mentor is always saying GIRFT which stands for 'Get it Right First Time' and you'll enjoy your shooting more.

12 years 7 months ago #141831 by helge
Thank you for your comments. :thumbsup:

@ Mark (Towcestermark)
:agree: your mentor is absolutly right with "GIRFT"
After I saw this photo for the first time I thought about making this bars disappear. But I am not very experienced with PhotoShop and the bars don´t bother me now as ,in my opinion, this photo has a story to tell about the caged biest being a beauty at the same time.

Helge

12 years 7 months ago #142072 by Towcestermark
If that's the look that you were after, then it's a great shot.

ps. I couldn't do the Photoshop thing either

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024