hungry hungry bumble bee

10 years 2 months ago #140791 by proverbs3photos
Please feel free to leave comments/critiques! :)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #140800 by Bob Eaton
:lol:

Here is my bee shot

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago #140808 by J. Hansen
Becca love the clarity of your shot. How close did you actually have to get to the bumblebee ?? I am an enthusiastic amature with lots to learn. I see you shoot with a 60D. I have been asking opinions about this camera. How do you like yours?

10 years 2 months ago #140813 by J. Hansen
Bob what kind of bee is that??? Or is it some kind of wasp?? My eyes must be tired, the shot looks just a hair fuzzy. Not quite as clear as the first one. Again amature here so take with a grain of salt. Other than that I like it!

10 years 2 months ago #140817 by J. Hansen
Your bees were just to clean! LOL!! Here is one loaded for trip back to the hive!!

Attachments:

10 years 2 months ago #140968 by proverbs3photos
thanks for the comments! J. Hansen.. I was about 2 or 3 feet away from the bee. I shot the picture with just the standard 18-135mm is lens. I have had my 60d since February and I absolutely love it! The only annoyance is that if you want to take any shots using the live-view then it appears to shoot very slowly (which would be nice if it was faster since it has the flip screen so you can take pics from low or high), but other than that I haven't had any complaints :)

oh, and I really like the color in your photo that you shared as well! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: J. Hansen

10 years 2 months ago #141026 by rmeyer7
:judge:

10 years 2 months ago #141028 by butterflygirl921
i like the clarity and color :judge: :thumbsup:

10 years 2 months ago #141063 by Bob Eaton
That is a bumblebee! He kept moving his little bum all over the place, so I just took the shot!!!!! I was about 6' away from him! I even gave him a little rub on the back to thank him!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!

10 years 2 months ago #141119 by photobod
Well done Becca great use of DoF, nicely focused amd composed, next time try getting in closer too, as close as you can get without getting stung of course. :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

10 years 2 months ago #141157 by fotozone
I agree with photobod :) Everything about this shot is great, it would just be better if you were closer.

10 years 2 months ago #149410 by proverbs3photos
hello becca it's nikki nice pic it looks awesome!!!!! it looks like the bee is a sloppy eater i like the
pollen on his head!! :D

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D3X is a 13-year-old high-end camera. The question is, does it still have what it takes to be a pro-level camera in 2021? The answer might surprise you.

Nov 19, 2021

The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 was the smallest DSLR on the market when it came out in 2013. Is it still a decent option for photographers in 2021? Let's find out!

Nov 04, 2021

The Nikon D4 is nearly a decade old, but despite its age, it still offers a lot of features and benefits for professional and amateur photographers alike.

Nov 03, 2021

The sony a7s might be seven years old, but the camera's specs, features, design, and price make it a worthy option for shooting photos (and video!) in 2021.

Oct 22, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this Sony camera shoppers guide, get details on some of Sony's best cameras for photographers and videographers.

Dec 06, 2021

The Canon EOS R has been out a few years now, which means the price has dropped, making it a great option for budget-conscious photographers.

Dec 06, 2021

Not sure where to spend your money on photography gear? Use this guide to learn what items are essential photography gear and what items can wait.

Dec 03, 2021

Learn how to create emotions in photos and help viewers connect with the subject with these simple, yet effective portrait photography tips.

Dec 03, 2021

Use this teleprompter shopping guide to learn about the features you should look for in a teleprompter.

Dec 01, 2021

Learn how to get sharp photos in camera and without using post-processing in this quick beginner photography tutorial.

Dec 01, 2021

If you're in the market for a new camera, you might have questions about the micro four thirds vs APS-C debate. Get the scoop on these common camera systems in this guide!

Dec 01, 2021

In this comprehensive WhiteWall metal print review, we'll take a look at the quality of the print and give you information about WhiteWall that will help you decide if it's the right printing company for your needs.

Nov 30, 2021