need ur comments on this shot...

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141086 by surya
I shot this in a santuary in India and I need ur comments....
Thanks.

Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #141088 by butterflygirl921
i like it but the head kind of looks blurry

The following user(s) said Thank You: surya
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141090 by chasrich
The focus is on the rib cage. This is a pretty shallow depth of field for this shot. :judge:

Oh and by the way... :welcomeclan I'm glad to see you posting. :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #141104 by photobod
Yup the focus is indeed on the ribcage with a wide open aperture by the look of it, this could have been a winner if you had focused on the head or closed down to say f8 ish, the lighting is a lovely golden color, lets hope you get another chance. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #141146 by rmeyer7
When you're shooting with this wide of aperture, it's extremely important to get your focus correct, and generally speaking that means focus on the eyes. And I agree that more depth of field would be good for this shot. I really like the location, subject and lighting.

12 years 7 months ago #141168 by Dori
The colors are good, I hope you get another chance for the focus!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #141326 by surya
Agreed!! Thankyou all.... :agree:

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141328 by MLKstudios
Do we all want to see it in focus, because that's what we expect to be achieved?

I kind of like the softness here. I've seen plenty of sharp horses already.

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #141390 by surya

MLKstudios wrote: Do we all want to see it in focus, because that's what we expect to be achieved?

I kind of like the softness here. I've seen plenty of sharp horses already.

You exactly said whats in my mind MLKstudious... :)

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141392 by MLKstudios
Namaste

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #141394 by surya
OH..!
Namaste..!! :)

12 years 7 months ago #141400 by Stealthy Ninja
Mmm i like the composition I suppose, but the blurriness is just distracting. It's not artistic enough to make me think it was done on purpose. It only makes me focus on the weeds. :X If you meant to make it out of focus, focus on the area in front of the horse so we don't see anything in focus... or just take a sharp photo and add blur in photoshop :whistle:

The white balance is also off. The white on the horses nose is yellow not white, which means you made a mistake.

Though still at least you know it's a horse.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141402 by MLKstudios
Sugimoto did a series on soft architecture. All out of focus.

simplementemirar.blogspot.com/2008/07/na...tgrafoo-japonss.html

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #141403 by Stealthy Ninja

MLKstudios wrote: Sugimoto did a series on soft architecture. All out of focus.

bit.ly/ovwfgp

There ya go, at least it's ALL out of focus... and done on purpose. :whistle:
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #141405 by MLKstudios
Gives you the same sensation, don't you think?

Namaste greets the eternal spirit. Isn't that what he captured in the horse? Like Sugimoto captured in his soft architecture? Not just the façade, but something longer lasting -- and much deeper

To me its a nude version of the horse. An idealized horse, not just a naked horse.

BTW found a better link above.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024