Comments welcome for this sunflower shot

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #150985 by trishulpani
Hi,

I know this kind of shot has been done to death - but an image from my garden doesn't hurt :P
Your comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Trishul

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #151006 by LauraD
Very Pretty ! The color is bright and cheerful !

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: trishulpani

10 years 1 month ago #151026 by Baydream

LauraD wrote: Very Pretty ! The color is bright and cheerful !

:agree: May need a bit more contrast between the subject and background and a tighter crop to 1) come in closer to the subject, and 2) get it off dead center. Plenty of possibility here.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

10 years 1 month ago #151029 by chakkaradeep
Did you use a macro lens?

Cheers,
Chaks

10 years 1 month ago #151123 by photobod
Your right an image from your garden doesnt hurt its more than welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #151142 by trishulpani
@chakkaradeep - I don't own a macro lens - yet :)
this was shot using an 18-105 kit lens in manual.

10 years 1 month ago #151180 by trishulpani
Thanks !
One question though - how do I ensure more contrast between subject and background in this case? (sunlight was directly falling on this flower in the direction its facing)

10 years 1 month ago #151269 by butterflygirl921
I would crop more on the flower, but otherwise i love it!! :judge: :thumbsup:

10 years 1 month ago #151302 by Baydream

trishulpani wrote: Thanks !
One question though - how do I ensure more contrast between subject and background in this case? (sunlight was directly falling on this flower in the direction its facing)

It you could, hold or set up a large piece of cardboard or similar to block the sub from the background. that would help. Adjust your shooting angle to get darker colour in the background. Some will hold or spread a large dark (even black sheet behind the flower, at a bit of distance) to REALLY make the subject stand out. Lots of things to experiment with.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

10 years 1 month ago #151332 by lonehero83
nice shot and I guess Baydream had given you pretty useful suggestions.
keep shooting pictures and bring more from your garden ;)

10 years 1 month ago #151336 by chasrich
:judge: :thumbsup: Very pretty...

Good tips John! :thumbsup: :agree:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

10 years 1 month ago #151388 by Shanna-Marie
This is a very dreamy shot of a pretty flower....I really like it! One thing that helps me when shooting flowers is to shoot early in the morning when the sun isn't dirctly overhead or on overcast days. It makes a huge difference and then your subject isn't all blown out. Keep on shooting and have fun! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

10 years 1 month ago #151760 by trishulpani
Thanks a lot Baydream .... really cool suggestions...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon D3X is a 13-year-old high-end camera. The question is, does it still have what it takes to be a pro-level camera in 2021? The answer might surprise you.

Nov 19, 2021

The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 was the smallest DSLR on the market when it came out in 2013. Is it still a decent option for photographers in 2021? Let's find out!

Nov 04, 2021

The Nikon D4 is nearly a decade old, but despite its age, it still offers a lot of features and benefits for professional and amateur photographers alike.

Nov 03, 2021

The sony a7s might be seven years old, but the camera's specs, features, design, and price make it a worthy option for shooting photos (and video!) in 2021.

Oct 22, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you're looking for some smokin' Black Friday photography deals, we've got a great list of gear that you can get for HUGE savings!

Nov 24, 2021

Use these simple tips to learn how to photograph real estate during the holidays without stressing yourself (or your clients) out.

Nov 24, 2021

How large should I print my photo? This is a very common question, and one with an answer that is a little more complex than you might think.

Nov 24, 2021

If you're looking for the perfect stocking stuffer for photographers, look no further than the HoldFast Indestructible Journal.

Nov 24, 2021

There are actually quite a few ways to save money when buying photography gear. Check this list to find out three of our favorite money-saving methods.

Nov 23, 2021

In the 2021 edition of our Mpix metal print review, we'll take a look at whether this popular online printing company has prints that are worth your hard-earned cash.

Nov 22, 2021

These real estate photography tips for homeowners will help you perfect your approach to photographing your home - and photographing it well to get it sold.

Nov 22, 2021

There are many reasons why a metal print is a great holiday gift for photographers. Check out this guide to learn the benefits of printing on metal!

Nov 22, 2021