Super Moon from last March

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177821 by Lonestarlady61
This was one of the better shots from that night. :ohmy: Comments and CC is always welcome.

I want a good wide angle lens and more money for photo trips.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177844 by Lonestarlady61
These are 2 of the better shots from that night. Comments and CC is always welcome and appreciated.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177865 by Gary Trent photography
@ Lonestarlady61

These images are nice & I like the mood.

To me, most moon shots are pretty boring UNLESS . . . .
you include something "earthy" with it.

Please refer to: whazit2u.multiply.com/photos/album/139

Here you will see some shots in my album that are realistic
where trees, mountains (etc) are set in the foreground to give
the moon some interest & more relativity to the way we really see it.

GT with smiles

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #177908 by Joiemagic
I like these shots... Very moody. The clouds add that little extra to make it more than just a moon shot...

:judge: :judge:

p.s. Check out my Waxing Crescent Moon topic for my recent shots of the moon...

Waxing Crescent Moon - Outside My Window

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 4 months ago #178049 by photobod
very nice, the cloud formations frame the moon very nicely :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #178054 by bhowdy
I like the first one Dana. :thumbsup: Maybe just not quite so "centered" next time

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

12 years 4 months ago #178065 by my_wave
how do you get the clouds so clear can u help me out with the settings please

12 years 4 months ago #178246 by Lonestarlady61
Thanks so much. Is there a way to move a post that you submitted to the wrong area? Like this one.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #178247 by Lonestarlady61

Gary Trent photography wrote: @ Lonestarlady61

These images are nice & I like the mood.

Thanks very much. I like the mood too.

To me, most moon shots are pretty boring UNLESS . . . .
you include something "earthy" with it.

That can be difficult to do around here. The moon rise is generally behind the mountains.

Please refer to: whazit2u.multiply.com/photos/album/139

Here you will see some shots in my album that are realistic
where trees, mountains (etc) are set in the foreground to give
the moon some interest & more relativity to the way we really see it.

GT with smiles

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #178248 by john_m
Looks good. As far as moving your thread, Im sure if you contact a mod they would do it for ya.

Done - Baydream

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #178249 by Lonestarlady61

Joiemagic wrote: I like these shots... Very moody. The clouds add that little extra to make it more than just a moon shot...

:judge: :judge:

Thanks Joie. I love the clouds in these shots. I wasn't able to get the moon rising earlier that day since there was fog etc...blocking it. I was very thankful to get these shots around midnight. I took a look at your photos of the crescent moon and they are very well done. :thumbsup:

p.s. Check out my Waxing Crescent Moon topic for my recent shots of the moon...

Waxing Crescent Moon - Outside My Window

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #178250 by Lonestarlady61

bhowdy wrote: I like the first one Dana. :thumbsup: Maybe just not quite so "centered" next time

Thanks so much for commenting. I agree that it would have been better if the moon was more to one side or the other. I didn't think of that when I cropped these. I can probably do a crop that would balance the shot a little more.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #178252 by Baydream

john_m wrote: Looks good. As far as moving your thread, Im sure if you contact a mod they would do it for ya.

Identical topics merged under the Wildlife Category.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #178253 by Lonestarlady61

my_wave wrote: how do you get the clouds so clear can u help me out with the settings please

First of all I have to admit that I cheated a little on this photo. I cut out the moon from an earlier shot and pasted it into a shot with the lovely clouds. Here is the data for the cloud shot. I still need to learn how to get the moon and the clouds to come out right in the same photo.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #178254 by Lonestarlady61

Baydream wrote:

john_m wrote: Looks good. As far as moving your thread, Im sure if you contact a mod they would do it for ya.

Identical topics merged under the Wildlife Category.

Thanks very much. I'll pay closer attention to where I submit a new topic. :blink:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024