Around Iceland

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #182254 by Snjoa
Went yesterday to a place here in Iceland called Hvítserkur.

Would really like to get some comments about the photo, good or bad :P

Taken with canon 50mm lens

Taken with Sigma 120-400
Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #182264 by Gary Trent photography
Personally I like #1 as this image gives us perspective and
the idea of how large the object is with the included background.

If I may say . . . it is a bit underexposed loosing detail in the dark areas.
Hope this helps.
>:cheers:

This is a strange looking rock formation ! ......... :toocrazy:

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 3 months ago #182269 by Snjoa
Thanks. I was having a little trouble in getting the picture better than this. The daylight here is very short now and we were a little bit late there so I did not have much time. And not enough experience taken photos like this so I did not know how to make it better
12 years 3 months ago #182272 by Dori
The first one is good, with the exception of being a bit underexposed. What causes this formation?
:judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #182283 by Snjoa
I cant find much about it but I found this

"Hvítserkur is 15 meters high cliff and protrudes out of the sea. The sea erosion has carved holes through its foundations and sculptured it in the unique shape it is today. Some say it is in the shape of a petrified monster."

Found more here

"Hvitserkur is the last remains of a central volcano, about 15 m high. Legend has it that this is a troll turned into stone when he was surprised by the sun while attacking a nearby abbey with rocks.

Hvitserkur (15 m) protrudes out of the sea in the western part of the Huna Bay near the coast a short distance from the farm Suluvellir. The sea erosion has carved three holes through its foundations and sculptures it in the shape of a petrified monster.

The GPS is: 65° 36,431'N, 20° 38,216'W (ISN93: 424.544, 568.671)

See here on map: ja.is/kort/#q=index_id%3A441942&x=422527& y=569802... "
12 years 3 months ago #182294 by Dori
Thanks, that is amazing!!! :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #182365 by Stealthy Ninja
Interesting.
12 years 3 months ago #182502 by Perry041
Very nice. That is one heck of a huge rock. :judge:

12 years 3 months ago #182513 by Snjoa

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024