A break in the rain...

11 years 6 months ago #256779 by TheNissanMan
I've been quiet again due to issue at work, when will they sdort themselves out lol!!!!!

Finally took some time off and the weather has been naff to say the least. Yesterday I managed to get out in a break from the rain, hope it was worth it :)

1) Peregrine Falcon

IMG_1080 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

2) My first wild Kestrel (bit of a crop)

IMG_1053 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

3) Burrowing Owl

IMG_1008 by RyanHaines , on Flickr

Hope you like :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkangel7x3
11 years 6 months ago #256816 by Arkangel7x3
I love the Falcon. The owl one is nice but I think you got his head a tad to close to the border might have wanted to give it a lil space fromt he edge but great pictures non the less

"If it's to good to be true best to shoot it again"
11 years 6 months ago #256842 by John Landolfi
Great focus and sharpness! Some background darkening/light vignette in 1 and 2 might bring the birds more forward. Nice work :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257273 by bhowdy
Love the Peregrine Ryan :thumbsup:

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

11 years 6 months ago #257307 by Leilanee
The owl photo is very powerful! Perfect shot.
I'm really quite amazed with your focus on all of them, though, although I've never tried panning.

11 years 6 months ago #257395 by TheNissanMan
Thank you :)

Panning gets easier with practice, I found it harder to get the Kestrel as had the 2x convertor on a 100-400 so trying to manual focus which I haven't prcticed with muc, luckily it was hovering so a bit of time to play with :)

Will try some crops on the owl as have have feedback that peeps feel there uis to much room on the left :)

11 years 6 months ago #257422 by icepics
I really like the photo of the falcon (and not just because my alma mater's mascot is a falcon! LOL) All of them really are beautifully done pictures.

I think you're right the one of the owl could be balanced better with some of the left side cropped, and maybe just slightly crop the one of the falcon. Really nice set of photos, well done.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257427 by butterflygirl921
What type of equipment did you use to photograph these birds? Great job! I love all three of them! :judge: :judge:

11 years 6 months ago #257471 by Greg Norrell
nice ones.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024