The Bird Calendar

3 years 6 months ago #696999 by chipyluna
My Dad is after a bird calendar this year and rather than going out and buying one he has charged me with the task of making one.... He gave me a list of birds..... 

Black Bird                  Got
Robin                         Got
Chaffinch                   Not seen
Song Thrush              Not seen
Green woodpecker    No idea
Magpie      Got
Blue tit                       Got
Sparrow                     Got
Wren                          Got
Goldfinch                   Have attempts
Lark                            No freaking idea where to find this one.

However with some of the birds he has chosen that I have failed to shoot, instead I swapped out for birds that I'm more likely to see in my area, such as a Chiffchaff, Long Tailed Tit, Spotted Fly Catcher and finally a Great Tit, these cheeky chappies have been way to quick for me to capture, until last weekend, where I had one keep coming back again and again so managed to get a few photographs of it.

If there is no room for laughter, there is no room for me.
Attachments:
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #697015 by Nikon Shooter
LARK… not sure if found in the UK.

"Larks are passerine birds of the family Alaudidae. Larks have a cos-
mopolitan distribution with the largest number of species occurring
in Africa. Only a single species, the horned lark, occurs  in North A-
merica, and only Horsfield's bush lark occurs in Australia. Habitats
vary widely, but many species live in dry regions. When the word
"lark" is used without specification, it often refers to the Eurasian sky-
lark (Alauda arvensis)." — Wiki.

Chaffinch (2) and a female seen in central Europe…

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: chipyluna
3 years 6 months ago #697320 by Lauren Grant
Wow! These wildlife shots are fantastic. Really good focus to the subject. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: chipyluna
3 years 6 months ago #697392 by chipyluna
Ah well that helps me out no end, means I'm not going to go searching for a bird that is unlikely to show itself, so thank you for that, I think I have spotted a Chaffinch now looking at it, think I may have seen a pair of them feeding from the ground, I guess I'm always looking to the trees for birds, and forget to look at the floor. Superb captures by the way. And you are super lucky to be able to get a shot of a Lark :)

3 years 6 months ago #697396 by Nikon Shooter

chipyluna wrote: Superb captures by the way. And you are super lucky to be able to get a shot of a Lark :)

TY chipyluna! :P

I haven't had the pleasure yet re: lark. :(

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 6 months ago #697469 by chipyluna
Oh no, well keep me posted if you do! I will have to summon the birds with YouTube bird sounds, you watch I will end up looking like the bird lady :silly:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024