Asian Snow Leopard

2 years 8 months ago #720783 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day all

Another from the visit to a local wildlife park - the asian snow leopard eyeing me off as a tasty snack -maybe-
img\def

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/125s x F4,5; ISO-320; lens at 20x zoom / 480mm FFequiv (and again photographed thru a steel mesh)

As always, feedback welcome
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

2 years 8 months ago #720784 by Nikon Shooter
Gee… how big is that thing?Not that I would want to go pet it! :unsure:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 8 months ago #720818 by Stephen Graham
Really strong composition! Nice chill day! 

2 years 8 months ago #720834 by Ozzie_Traveller

Nikon Shooter wrote: Gee… how big is that thing?
Not that I would want to go pet it! :unsure:

Aw NS - it's a lovely cute puddycat that you can tickle under its chin and listen to it purr  :p
Phil

2 years 8 months ago #720837 by Nikon Shooter

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: … lovely cute puddycat that you can tickle under its chin and listen to it purr  :p

Is that so? Then I want one…
if they are plentiful in their natural habitat that is!
When not, thanks for sharing! 

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
2 years 8 months ago #720999 by Alyssa Briggs
Look at that! this is a great subject. Nicely photographed. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ozzie_Traveller
2 years 8 months ago #721159 by peterock33

Nikon Shooter wrote: Is that so? Then I want one…
if they are plentiful in their natural habitat that is!

Unfortunately, they are definitely not plentiful.  There was a BBC documentary with David Attenborough some time back about this little guy.  It was very interesting (as are all of his documentaries). They are loners, needing a good size territory and even the mating habits are not very trusting.  It's amazing there are still some around.

Hey Phil, you did a nice job of eliminating that fence as best you could.... I know it's pretty tough sometimes, but you have done well with these zoo shots.

Photo Comments
2 years 8 months ago #721231 by Ozzie_Traveller

peterock33 wrote: .....  Hey Phil, you did a nice job of eliminating that fence as best you could.... I know it's pretty tough sometimes, but you have done well with these zoo shots.

G'day mate

Actually it was not easy ~ there was an inner wire fence from ground to ceiling ... it had cross pieces at about 50mm / 2inch centres and then there was a pedestrian exclusion fence spaced about 60cm / 2ft away from the inner fence - and it had prickle-bushes planted within it!!

Overall it prevented me from moving the lens closer to the inner bars so as to avoid their outline - leaving me to wriggle up-down-sideways to try to minimise whatever it was that the lens recorded

Phil

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024