Iowa Eagles

10 years 2 weeks ago #49067 by dw photo
I am sure most of you have heard or even watched the "Decorah Eagles" on Ustream by Bob and the raptor resource center.. well these are NOT those Eagles LOL i am close to those, about 3 hours I am much closer to this pair...about 15 mins. They have a nest on a friend of mines property on the banks of the Des Moines River. I'll be adding more photos as I take them Hope you like them.

Also if your in Iowa and want to go on an Eagle Safari with me just give me a shout.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #49070 by dw photo
All My eagle photos are taken with my 7D and a Tamron 200-500mm lens. I generally sit on the same side of the river as the tree with the nest in it, about 50 ft away and them being about 80 ft up.
They seem to be patient with me, if not a bit leary, but have been there enough they are getting used to me.

Here is one of just the Nest to give you an idea of their overal size.. and the back side is actually built around the one major tree branch.. deffently amazing engineers they are.

Attachments:

10 years 2 weeks ago #49081 by Cre8tivefix
Great captures. :) Look forward to seeing more.

10 years 1 week ago #51504 by bhowdy
Nice series .... Sounds like a fun place

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

10 years 1 week ago #51505 by chasrich
Great shots...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

10 years 1 week ago #52210 by Zardoz
I found a eagle nest last year and am looking forward to getting some shots this year. I like eagle shots, they are a good hone to your craft!

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The FujiFilm X100 might be a decade old, but as you'll discover in this review, it's a camera that still has plenty of features for photographers in 2021.

May 12, 2021

In the Sony a6100 vs Sony a6600 debate, there are plenty of similarities. There are also some key differences that could make one or the other a much better option for you.

May 04, 2021

The Pentax KP is an older DSLR with some excellent specs - but are they excellent enough to warrant purchasing this camera in 2021? Let's find out!

May 04, 2021

The Sony RX1R II is a high-end compact camera with loads of features. The question is, is it still worth the price in 2021?

Apr 27, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this reMarkable 2 review, learn about its specs and features, as well as its performance over the course of three months of daily use.

May 12, 2021

Use these business tips for real estate photographers to develop your business and provide your clients with the best possible service.

May 12, 2021

The FujiFilm X100 might be a decade old, but as you'll discover in this review, it's a camera that still has plenty of features for photographers in 2021.

May 12, 2021

Use these professional photography tips to learn how to become a pro photographer and improve your appeal to potential clients.

May 12, 2021

In this photography business guide, learn how to get noticed as a photographer with simple, straightforward methods that will bring in more business.

May 12, 2021

Film photography has made a comeback in recent years. But why? Let's discuss five primary reasons why you should shoot on film in 2021.

May 11, 2021

There are many ways to grow your photography business, and one of the most effective is to engage in text-based marketing.

May 11, 2021

There's a lot of beginner photography gear that you can buy. The question is, do you really need a dedicated camera bag to carry it all?

May 10, 2021