mountain, tree

13 years 3 months ago #9685 by luckywish1
mountain at leavenworth wa and trees at leavenworth wa

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #9820 by Scotty
Number 2 works for me. It's a little dark though, I'd brighten it up a bit with some fill light.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #9832 by luckywish1
it didnt have that much light that day when i went to leavenworth wa. i was on the top of the mountain too and it look so dark i agree

13 years 3 months ago #9851 by Scotty

luckywish1 wrote: it didnt have that much light that day when i went to leavenworth wa. i was on the top of the mountain too and it look so dark i agree

Bump your exposure up.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #9916 by luckywish1
but im geting a better camera next month thank god for that.

13 years 3 months ago #9965 by Karl Wertanen
In regards to the second picture, is this picture cropped? What format are you shooting?

In regards to the brightness, when you took this, your camera metered to compensate for the brightness in the sky which will actualy darken everything else in the picture. By looking at this picture, if you zoomed in a little bit closer and eliminated about 2/3 of that sky (in this actual photo), your cameras meter would have adjusted and allowed in more light, showing the trees w/more light and detail.... and compositionaly, i believe the photo itself would have a more balenced look to it.

Even a vertical shot of this would be nice as well. a closer zoom where you have maybe..... 1/3 to 1/4 of the picture is sky and the rest mountain top and trees.

A Graduated Netural Density Filter would have also helped balance the light in this shot and have made the trees brighter and the sky darker.
Google "Graduated Netural Density Filter" and you can research them there. :)
13 years 3 months ago #9967 by luckywish1
the camera that i was useing was kodak easyshare m381 and i use landscape on it and it felt like it was darking where i was standing too. and i didnt cropped that picture. and i did zoom the camera at 5 how can i make it better? i am a beginner at this too and im just learning everyday and this is nice to have people help me too.

13 years 3 months ago #9970 by luckywish1
here is a other picture i took at leavenworth wa it a other mountain up at leavenworth. in this picture i went where there was more light. the light meter said it was high up here where im standing to take the picture

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #9973 by luckywish1
ok now i changed the light on that mountain one and let see what it look like now

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #9974 by luckywish1
second picture im adding more light to it and yes i save it too

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #9987 by Scotty

luckywish1 wrote: second picture im adding more light to it and yes i save it too

You added light to the whole picture, and it blew out the sky. I agree with karl, GND (graduated neutral density) filter would be good here. If you have photoshop or lightroom, you can apply a simulated one in there.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #9992 by luckywish1
i dont have photoshop or lightroom yet because im still taking the class

13 years 3 months ago #9993 by luckywish1
how do you use Graduated Netural Density Filter in my camera that is a kodak easyshare?

13 years 3 months ago #9997 by Karl Wertanen
if you dont want to buy the filter holder, you can just place it in front of your lens in the position you like w/out the filter holder. i dont recomend a round or circular grad n/d. the rectangular ones work best because you can adjust where the shaded area is placed in the frame of your camera... where you want the desired effect to be. with the round ones you are stuck w/the position it is in when you screw it onto your lens.

this link is a quickie on the "how to"
www.great-landscape-photography.com/graduated-filters.html

Cokin makes a decently priced grad n/d filter
www.cokin.fr/ico3-p1-6.html
13 years 3 months ago #9998 by luckywish1
karl does the nikon d3100 have on i hope so????? because im geting that camera next month

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024