Hi Everyone

12 years 7 months ago #137789 by kpeditions
;) Hello Everyone

Just wanted to say hello as im failry new to this website so still trying to find myway around it and everything.

Firstly thank you to @photographytalk for bringing me here and also the fabulous prize i won recently!!

I am been into photography for a number of years, but only recently i have decided i want to take it further as not only a way to avoid my stressfull life but hopefully one day like thousands of others be able to earn a living through photography (but i know thats a long way off dont worry)

My main work at the moment is careering towards portraits but i still love all other aspects of photography just as much!

I look forward to meeting some off you and getting to know more with your help and advice!

Take Care For now

Kev :cheers:

12 years 7 months ago #137791 by Dori
:welcomeclan I love your Avatar! Welcome!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

The following user(s) said Thank You: kpeditions
12 years 7 months ago #137819 by photobod
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan Kev

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #137964 by 2DeAnn
Welcome to PT, Kevin. I look forward to seeing some of your photographs. :)

Terrie

12 years 7 months ago #137968 by chasrich
Welcome Kev... :welcomeclan :woohoo: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #137984 by Mah and PaH
:welcomeclan

12 years 7 months ago #137989 by McBeth Photography
:welcomeclan

It is what it is.
12 years 7 months ago #138726 by Stanly
Cool avatar!

Hello and welcome from New York!

Stan

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #139052 by ReepPT
Hello,

I'm Alys from Philly. I am just getting interested in photography , beyond holiday and vacation snaps and silliness. Bought my first camera with bells and whistles in June and have come to appreciate how clever it is. It is a Canon Powershot G12 and I'm just learning to play with AV. Came here to read and learn. I like to experiment with my camera which goes pretty much everywhere with me.
What I'm loving is how my literal and figurative perspective is changing.

I'm also developing an even greater appreciation for clever our own vision, perception and sight are as our brains analyze and synthesize all that incoming info and compensate ... I was asking my boyfriend who is a photographer and patiently not leaping in and teaching me bless him, why my city night shots were odd colored. I hadn't thought about the varying light sources and colour spectrums ...

Anyway enough from me. Looking forward to looking at your pictures, developing my own style and hopefully bing brave enough to post my own efforts.

Alys
12 years 7 months ago #139057 by chasrich

ReepPT wrote: Hello,

I'm Alys from Philly. I am just getting interested in photography , beyond holiday and vacation snaps and silliness. Bought my first camera with bells and whistles in June and have come to appreciate how clever it is. It is a Canon Powershot G12 and I'm just learning to play with AV. Came here to read and learn. I like to experiment with my camera which goes pretty much everywhere with me.
What I'm loving is how my literal and figurative perspective is changing.

I'm also developing an even greater appreciation for clever our own vision, perception and sight are as our brains analyze and synthesize all that incoming info and compensate ... I was asking my boyfriend who is a photographer and patiently not leaping in and teaching me bless him, why my city night shots were odd colored. I hadn't thought about the varying light sources and colour spectrums ...

Anyway enough from me. Looking forward to looking at your pictures, developing my own style and hopefully bing brave enough to post my own efforts.

:welcomeclan :woohoo: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024

A small camera backpack is the perfect vessel for carrying your photography kit. The problem is there’s so many to choose from! Use this guide for details on three top choices.

Apr 04, 2024