Visionary Wild joins the PhotographyTalk.com family of vendors!

12 years 7 months ago #140111 by PhotographyTalk
Have you ever wanted to take a exotic photographic vacation? Or take a world-class photographic expedition or workshop? Then it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you Visionary Wild as the newest vendor to join the PhotographyTalk family. This company has some very exciting and exotic destinations workshops for you and your camera to travel to! With destinations workshops coming up like " Catalina S.P .", " Yucatan ", " Point Reyes and Marin Coast " and so many more!

PhotographyTalk, let's give these folks a warm welcome. Please be sure to visit and bookmark their site: visionarywild.com and as a added bonus Visionary Wild has given PhotographyTalk members a coupon code (PT-411) for $100 off any Visionary Wild workshop or expedition!

Also in the November issue of Outdoor Photographer which should be in newsstands mid October, you will see an feature article by the founder of Visionary Wild "Justin Black" on “Photographing with Purpose”!

Visionary Wild is a photographic experiences provider, producing world-class workshops and expeditions for the passionate photographer. Founded in early 2011, Visionary Wild is the brainchild of Justin Black, a landscape photographer who was the long-time General Manager, Curator, and workshops director at Galen Rowell’s Mountain Light Photography, and Barry Andrews, a passionate amateur photographer and entrepreneur with extensive expertise in brand and product development.

Together, they launched Visionary Wild to provide mentorship experiences that open new pathways to photographers who have done the seminars, taken the standard workshops, and who are looking for new opportunities to move their work to the next level of quality, depth, purpose and meaning. We operate worldwide with our base in Washington, DC, which connects us to the international community and with institutions at the center of photography, art, communications, journalism, natural history, and conservation. A worldwide network of expert resources and partnerships help to ensure the quality and authenticity of our programs.

Check out some of these upcoming workshops, there are so many more on their website!

Catalina S.P. Arizona:
"The majestic Santa Catalina Mountains will be our backdrop in a landscape containing over 5,000 saguaro cactus – our outdoor classroom for this workshop, part of our Vision series, a special program of advanced instruction designed and presented by world-renowned photographers Jack Dykinga and John Shaw." READ MORE HERE

Yucatán:
"In the final year of the 5,126-year Mayan calendar cycle, we bring you a very special expedition for six photographers into this land of hidden cenotes, stunning pre-Columbian cities, elegant haciendas, and abundant tropical life." READ MORE HERE

Point Reyes and Marin Coast:
"Point Reyes National Seashore and the Marin Coast are truly a photographer's playground, rich with diverse subject matter – landscape, seascape, flora and fauna – with ever-changing light and the beautiful interplay of sun and marine fog. It's the perfect setting for a workshop focused on developing creativity and honing skills. The talented team of Jerry Dodrill and Justin Black will teach you to take control of the finer points of composition, exposure and tonal control, and specialized techniques for approaching this sublime coastal landscape." READ MORE HERE

Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #140115 by Maverick V
Welcome to the site, those are some beautiful destinations.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Justin Black
12 years 7 months ago #140116 by Baydream
Welcome to the PT family.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #140117 by Kenya See
Just saved your site in my fav's. :welcomeclan

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #140122 by HockeyMom
Welcome to our house!!! I'd soooo LOVE to visit some of those destinations!!! Fantastic shots!!!
:woohoo:

ShutterBugz Photography
12 years 7 months ago #140123 by HockeyMom

Kenya See wrote: Just saved your site in my fav's. :welcomeclan

Me as well!! :)

ShutterBugz Photography
12 years 7 months ago #140125 by Pettigrew
:welcomeclan I might have to talk the wife into a second trip next year. Yucatán is a location that I have always admired.

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #140128 by anothershot
Welcome! Those photos are great.
12 years 7 months ago #140136 by Martin
Those are some :drool: :drool: :drool: to travel to :thumbsup:

:welcomeclan

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #140137 by Maverick V
Just took a better look at your site, there are some really nice photos there!

12 years 7 months ago #140139 by chasrich
:welcomeclan We love our vendors... Thanks for supporting our forums here. :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #140174 by CatherineW
:welcomeclan

I love those images. Thank you for the coupon code. :P

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #140203 by Mayo
I think Yucatán looks so incredible, that blue water is so light blue and wow I want to jump in!

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #140224 by McBeth Photography
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup: :cheer:

It is what it is.
12 years 7 months ago #140262 by Flash Steven
:welcomeclan I could use a vacation. I was just looking on their site and the Grand Canyon trip looks nice. What's funny is that I've always wanted to go there. The irony is this is in my back yard, and I haven't been there. Flip side is that I've traveled all over the rest of the planet!

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon 40D, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L Canon MPE 65mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 70-300mm f2.8; Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024