Tough Choice to make for me please help

12 years 5 months ago #167285 by my_wave
Guys i really need ur help i want to buy in a entry or mid level DSLR can afford upto 1000$ can someone help me which one should i choose

12 years 5 months ago #167293 by KCook
What DSLR brands are your friends shooting with? It can be a real help, or at least more fun, to exchange tips with buddies. There are already some good threads on the DSLR topic here -

www.photographytalk.com/forum/photograph...-you-buy-your-camera

www.photographytalk.com/forum/photograph...o-it-makes-me-wonder

If you want info overload, just run a Google search on something like this -

looking for a new DSLR

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: my_wave
12 years 5 months ago #167311 by chasrich
The Canon Rebel series offers a few various kits that would get you going. Don't buy though until you hear from the Nikon camp... :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #167334 by ultimateFstop
read somewhere that the nikon D7000 is one of the best all round models ever made, I started with the D3100 and was extremely happy save for the fact that it cant shoot tethered and does not do AEB but have a D5000 which covers that. I would suggest if you cant stretch for a D7000, go for D5100 and you can slip in a 18 to 105 lense {extremely useful} and some high speed cards {super necessary} and a lowpro 350 backpack that you can grow into

:goodpost:

remember, you are gonna grow so always take into account storage and budget for batteries, filters, remote release cables, a flash, triggers and recievers and all the little odds and sodds that no camera bag should be without!

:agree:

Shoot it cos you love it!

12 years 5 months ago #167339 by Psmurf
Rebel series has done really done a great job of making very good product over the years I have a 60D and love it but what you really have to ask yourself what do I want to do with it and and how does itt feel in your hand those are the questions you have to ask yourself I'm a true believer that MP don't truely matter and Damn I know thats a huge arguement with photographers but you can make a great enlargement with 10-12 MP the most importment is your glass I still use a (28-135mm old film lens) LOL after saying all that then way did I get 18 MP

12 years 5 months ago #167591 by my_wave
Compared to Nikon D5100 and Canon EOS Rebel T3i :duel: which one would be better compared to the features, easy to use, lenses availability, picture quality i couldn't know more as you all are experts just wanted a help :)
:unsure:

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #167599 by my_wave
EOS 550D and Rebel T2i

12 years 5 months ago #167735 by KCook
The Canon EOS 550D and Rebel T2i are the same camera. The T3i replaces the T2i. Main difference is that the T2i lacks a fold out LCD. Both the T3i and Nikon D5100 have that feature. The T3i and D5100 have the same basic features, lots of little differences in the details. Ease of use depends on if you are more comfortable with Canon design or Nikon design. Lens availability is good for both. Prices can be significantly different, but that is on a model-by-model basis. No overall trend. Picture quality is good for both.

Selection is often based on rather minor differences in design, handling, and performance. It happens I am more comfortable with Canon physical design and color tones, so I chose Canon. Lots of Nikon fans would see that comparison exactly the opposite. Most of the differences are pretty subtle. Links for more thoughts -

www.photographytalk.com/forum/canon-came...kon-d5100-comparison

www.photographytalk.com/photography-equi...y-will-be-well-spent

www.photographytalk.com/forum/canon-came...d-t3i-vs-nikon-d5100

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 5 months ago #167766 by my_wave
i just saw it both the only thing is the price difference i found Nikon i get it for about 39K and Canon i get it for about 45K does the tilting lcd have any importance in reality?? if no then i would go for T2i as that gives me a good deal at 30K

12 years 5 months ago #167831 by KCook
For me a tilting LCD is not important, but would be nice. It comes into play when you want to shoot with the camera at waist level or held high over your head. Both situations can also handled with a simple fixed LCD, you just don't see the live view picture nearly as well, it's almost washed out.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024