Let me introduce myself

12 years 3 months ago #182794 by ICUC2
Hello everyone,

I am pleased to have found Photographytalk! I sincerely enjoy viewing the artistic works of others, almost as much ~ not quite but almost ~ as much as I enjoy taking photos. I am a retired grandmother who now has the time to enjoy some of the things I love. One of my favorite things to do is to get in the car ~ run away for the day and do nothing but take photos of things that catch my eye.

I am nocturnal by nature (if my life would allow it, I'd stay up all night and sleep all day!) Therefore, I do have a special interest in night photography. I also prefer nature shots; sunsets, insects, trees, flowers, animals, streams, rivers, etc. over portraits. I was born and raised in the rural midwest. I currently live in a small village that doesn't even have a grocery store. Can you imagine that?

I am a self confessed novice. However I am like a dry sponge, I have a compelling need to soak up anything and everything related to photography. I have taken 4 photography classes at a Jr. College, all of which I would classify as just the basics.

I have a Cannon Rebel XS, 18-55mm and a 75-300mm lens, a tripod, and a old (430EZ) Speedlite (bought used). That is the extent of my equipment. I also have an older version of Photoshop (CS3). I'd love to have bigger and better... actually I want it ALL... but finances prohibit what I want. I feel blessed to have what I do and my plan is to enjoy it to the fullest.

I have no desire to make an income from my photos. I find it very relaxing to go shooting and relaxing I can use! I figure you are never to old to learn and that is another reason I am here.... to learn!!! I sincerely look forward to meeting everyone and viewing your fantastic art through photography.

12 years 3 months ago #182798 by chasrich
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan

You posted a good bio. I feel like I know you now. Come make yourself at home and let us know if you need any help or have any questions... :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICUC2
12 years 3 months ago #182805 by nino xerri
From a fellow newbie. Welcome. :agree:

Nino Xerri
12 years 3 months ago #182813 by Rob pix4u2
:welcomeclan Feel free to jump in and have fun

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 3 months ago #182830 by john_m
Welcome to the family and happy posting

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #182843 by omgosh6990
:welcomeclan Ask away, post photos.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024